"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Sunday, February 5, 2017

hello... friend...

Hello!!  Popping in with a little card that I put together earlier for a couple of challenges:  Freshly Make Sketches and Less is More.  When I saw Karren's  fabulous sketch this week I immediately thought of my Concord & 9th Layering Leaves die set.  I was going to use the feather/leaf image from the C9 Give Thanks stamp set, but decided instead to do some simple watercoloring with my ZIGs and a waterbrush.  I'm also going to enter this in the current  Less is More challenge to use three adjacent colors on the color wheel.  I used yellow, light green and medium green.  The light green is hard to see, but it is there!!  Less is More is celebrating their 6th birthday!!   So amazing!!!  Congrats on six fantastic years of challenge and to many more to come!! There was a time when I didn't miss a Less is More challenge, but life changes and now I only play occasionally, but it is still one of my favorite challenges!!  The panel was trimmed down and the sentiment (from the C9 Layers of Love stamp set) was stamped using black ink.   I die cut the leaf three times from white cardstock.  The leaves were adhered to the watercolored panel using Multi Matte Medium.  I adhered the panel to a white cardstock base and then added some sequins to a little finishing touch.


Hope you have a wonderful day!!

Supplies:  white cardstock, Ranger watercolor paper; Stamps and dies:  Concord & 9th; Ink:  VersaFine Onyx Black; Sequins; ZIG Clean Color markers


17 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Petty card! I love these leaves.....perfect for this card! Glad you joined us at FMS!

Lisa Elton said...

This is the perfect card for this sketch Rosemary, a winner if you ask me!!

Jen Brum said...

What a great card! I love those leaves! Love the sequins too! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Susan said...

Wow, stunning card. Beautiful way to combine the challenges! Thanks for sharing at Less is More!

Lisa Petrella said...

Beautiful card! Love your color choices and the touches of sequins!

Greta said...

How do you always come up with such wonderful cards, Rosemary?! This is modern, beautiful & perfect!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love your trio of outline leaves with the colorful brush strokes behind - gorgeous, Rosemary!!

Anonymous said...

A really beautiful and delicate card. Love it!

Esther said...

Super stylish perfection! What a beautiful design, full of elegance. I love the fresh colours and the look of the delicate leaf outlines. Just gorgeous! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Less is More :)

Jen Mitchell said...

I love the light and airy feel to this card. The colors are spring-time fresh and the wispy leaves seem like they just floated down and landed perfectly on your card! Thanks for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Karren said...

I was just coming to say how light and airy this looks and I see Jen above has beaten me to it :) Gorgeous card, Rosemary!

Canonbury creations said...

Stunning spring like card Rosie!
Val x

Petra Swart said...

WOW, this is a winner, Rosemary!!!!! Love your clever use of the delicate leaves on the watercoloured stripes!!!! Beautifully done and a wonderful CAS creation!!!!
Have a great day!!!!
Hugz

Lisa Lara said...

WOW. I just love the colors and texture Rosi.

Greta said...

Congrats on the HM--winner still in my book!

Neets B said...

Loving this, Rosemary. So classy and a great choice of colours, so fresh.
Thanks for you kind words about Less is More and thanks so much for sharing with us this week, Anita x

Jen Nelson said...

this is just gorgeous. love it rosemary
thanks for celebrating our 6th birthday with us at Less Is More this week
Jen xxxx