"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Thursday, March 23, 2017

how does your garden grow...

Hello!!  I have another bunny card!!  This time I tried to color my bunny up like one of the little black bunnies that come into our yard.  My bunny is more gray than black, but I think close enough.  Since this little bunny has a hoe I have him/her tilling the soil around some nice big heads of lettuce growing in the garden.  Everything was colored with my trusty ZIGs.  I die cut the little fence from some kraft cardstock and then cut it in to two pieces so that I could create a little opening in the fence so that the bunny would have a way to get into the garden.  I created the background by scribbling on a brown ZIG and then blending it out.  A mid-green ZIG was flicked on and blended out to create the grass and then I added in the blue for the sky.  Once the panel was dry I added the fence, bunny and the lettuce.  I almost didn't get a sentiment on this one, but caught myself in time to get it stamped!!  I used more than one die on this card so I'm going to add this to the current Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge to use more than one die or punch.  Since there is coloring I will add this to the 30 day color challenge as well.  I haven't been coloring every day, but have managed to do more coloring this month than I did in the last three!!
Wishing you a wonderful day...

Supplies:  Cardstock:  SSS fog, SU! Crumb Cake, Ranger watercolor paper; Stamps and dies:  Hero Arts; Inks:  VersaFine Vintage Sepia and Smoky Gray; Watercolor medium:  ZIG Clean Color markers


10 comments:

Greta said...

Love the split fence & you've become a master at using the Zigs! Such an adorable card, Rosemary!

Canonbury creations said...

I'm loving your bunny cards Rosie although he's more likely to be eating rather than digging! Great lettuces!
Val x

Margot said...

Lovely card!

Lisa Elton said...

My first thought was Mr. McGregor's garden!! This is darling Rosemary. I just love bunnies!!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Stunning garden card, Rosemary - spotted it on Flickr and loved it! What a beautiful background and I love the grey bunny!!

Kara Lynne said...

That looks like a storybook garden, Rosemary! I love your little black bunny. I wouldn't mind him in my yard if he was working instead of eating!

Lisa Lara said...

Rosi, you created Mr. McGregor's garden. I just love it. Love how that little bun bun is gardening. You get bunnies in your yard? Oh I am so jelly!

Martha said...

OH, Rosemary, another darling card. It just makes me smile.

Anita in France said...

Oh my, this is adorable, Rosemary ... just the sweetest little scene with your cute gardening bunny ... so charming! Hugs, Anita :)

debby4000 said...

Oh what a cute card, the rabbit just needs a blue jacket and he would be Peter rabbit.
Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
Luv
Debby