"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Tuesday, March 28, 2017

super lucky...

Hello!!  Have a card to share and it doesn't have a bunny on it, lol!!  This time it has balloons on it!  I'm playing along with the current Essentials by Ellen Pin-Sights challenge and the current CAS(E) this Sketch.  The pin-sights mood board is full of lovely images done in shades of green with touches of gold.  Initially I was going to use my EE Mondo Hydrangea, but decided to switch to the super fun EE set Up the Happy.  I stamped the balloon three times as you see and then created a mask of the balloon so I could stamp the clouds and the balloon strings.  I ended up needing a mask for the small cloud, as well, so I wouldn't have a balloon string running through it!  I then colored the balloons in three shades of green ZIGs per the mood board.  Once the balloons were dry I added a little wash of gold to each one using the brush gold paint from the Gansai Tambi watercolor set.  You can see just a bit of it if you look hard or if you click on the photo to make it bigger.  The clouds were given a light wash of gray and then I used the light blue from my Gansai Tambi set mixed with water to add a light wash of blue.   To bring in a bit more gold I stamped the sentiment on vellum with watermark ink and heat set with gold embossing powder.  The sentiment was die cut with a MFT fishtail flag stax die.  I used rolled up glue dot that I placed behind the words to attach the banner to the panel.   I love the way using vellum allows you to still see what is behind the sentiment.

Wishing you a wonderful day...

Supplies:  Cardstock:  Green, Ranger watercolor paper, vellum; Stamps:  Essentials by Ellen; Dies:  My Favorite Things; Watercolor medium:  ZIG Clean Color markers, Kuretake Gansai Tambi watercolors; Inks:  VersaFine Smoky Gray, VersaMark watermark ink


8 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love your balloon trio with the vellum sentiment, Rosemary!!! LOL - when I read your post title, I thought for sure you'd won more accolades or another mag cover :)

Nancy said...

This turned out so lovely, Rosemary! Vellum adds such a soft and translucent touch! Beautiful design!

Lisa Lara said...

Oh now this looks so cool with the green balloons and vellum overlay with the gold embossed sentiment. Love it Rosi.

Greta said...

Very creative & so fun, Rosemary! Love the vellum over the balloons!

Lisa Elton said...

Terrific card Rosemary! I like your embossed vellum sentiment banner!

Anita in France said...

Fun and celebratory, Rosemary ... the touch of gold shimmer on the balloons is fabulous! Hugs, Anita :)

Joan B said...

fantastic. those floating balloons are terrific

Leigh Penner said...

I love this! Fabulous take on the sketch!