"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Monday, November 19, 2018

season's greetings...

Hello!  With Thanksgiving happening this week in the US I'm starting to realize that I need to get a few more Christmas cards completed.  To that end I made this card using the beautiful Altenew Festive Poinsettia stamp and die set that I purchased a few weeks ago.  I stamped the image with VersaMark watermark ink and the heat embossed in gold on watercolor paper.  I watercolored the image with distress inks re-inkers in Forest Moss, Festive Berries and Wild Honey.  Once the piece was dry I die cut it with the matching die.  I watercolored a background with Old Paper distress ink re-inker and then added splatters with some black watercolor paint.  The piece was die cut and then adhered to a panel of gold glitter cardstock.   I stamped the sentiment in VersaFine CLAIR Nocturne and then added the poinsettia.  This will be heading over to the Altenew November Inspiration challenge, as well as the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge of all that glitters is gold challenge.   One more Christmas card down.... several more to go, lol!


Have a wonderful day!

5 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Gorgeous Rosemary, absolutely gorgeous!!

Greta said...

Oh my goodness--this is a jaw-dropper, Rosemary! Beautiful image perfectly colored & I love the gold!

Anita in France said...

Stunning, Rosemary ... the background shimmer paired with the gold embossing ... and complemented by your amazing colouring ... makes for an utterly gorgeous card! Hugs, Anita :)

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love the gold embossed poinsettia and how you colored it, Rosemary! So beautiful with the shimmery mat!!

TK said...

Beautiful colors! I just love the colors your chose; your card is just so warm and inviting!