"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Monday, November 12, 2018

Thanksgiving and Christmas...

Hello!  Popping in with a Thanksgiving card, as well as a Christmas card.  First up is the Thanksgiving card that I will be adding to the following challenges:  CAS(E) this SketchSays Stamp Wednesday Challenge.   This card came about because I decided to die cut the fun wishbone die from the Spellbinders small die kit for October out of a piece of fall patterned paper that I had floating around.  Once that was done I had to build my card around it and boy was that hard!  Took me the better part of a day to get the right color combination.  Originally I had a lot of kraft cardstock involved, but things were just not working.  I brought in a green cardstock in the same color as the patterned paper and that seemed to make things work so much better.  One of the background ovals was die cut from an alcohol ink background that I created on some Yupo paper.   To create a little bit more interest in my card I embossed the green cardstock panel with some burlap.  I love the subtle interest that it brings to the card.


Now for my Christmas card.  This one is for the following challenges:  The Paper Players (colors), Time Out (colors) and MFT sketch challenge.   I have played along with an MFT sketch challenge in ages and I was determined to make something with the current super clean and simple sketch.  I almost went with stars (so original, lol!), but decided to pull out the beautiful Simply Snowflakes stamp set and the Layered Snowflakes die-namics dies.  After trimming down a piece of white cardstock per the sketch I stamped the snowflakes from the Simply Snowflakes in SU!'s Smoky Slate ink.   Then I die cut additional snowflakes from Poppy Parade and So Saffron cardstocks and layered them over the stamped snowflakes.   The sentiment from the Snowfall of Blessings stamp set was stamped in VersaFine CLAIR Nocturne.   The panel was finished by adding a thin strip of silver glitter cardstock and then adhering to a Smoky Slate cardstock base.  Love the unconventional colors for the snowflakes!




Hope you have a wonderful day!

Supplies:  Card 1:  Cardstock:  PTI fine linen; SU! garden green; Yupo; patterned paper:  Dies:  Spellbinders; Inks:  Ranger alcohol inks; Lawn Fawn leaf sequins; twine; burlap

Card 2:  Cardstock:  MFT white, silver glitter; SU! Poppy Parade, So Saffron, Smoky Slate; Stamps and dies:  MFT; Inks:  Stampin Up! and VersaFine CLAIR

10 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

What a fun Thanksgiving card! That snippet of paper worked out perfectly. I love the color you added to the snowflakes on your Christmas card, very pretty!

Lin said...

Yes, your TG card is such a unique design, Rosemary! Love the way you incorporated the wishbone! Thanks for sharing this with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

Nancy said...

Both of your cards are great, Rosemary! So creative and out of the box!

Nancy said...

Both of your cards are great Rosemary! So creative and unique!

Greta said...

The wishbone die is so fun & love the embossing with the burlap, Rosemary! Those snowflakes are so wonderful--love the unique colors for Christmas! I still have those on my wishlist--just moved up due to seeing your card!

Anita in France said...

What a fabulous background inside your wishbone framed oval, Rosemary ... it really pops against the turquoise ... puts me in mind of an art deco piece of jewellery! Your snowflakes are gorgeous ... elegant and delicate ... and delicious with the shimmery silver strip! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Time Out! Hugs, Anita :)

Jan Clothier said...

What a perfect balancing act! The snowflakes are perfectly placed and the wee pops of red at the centre really draw the eye. Lovely card, Rosemary! Thank you for joining us at The Paper Players.

laurie said...

Love those pretty snowflakes!Thanks for joining the color challenge at The Paper Players this week!

ElizStewart said...

Rosemary...love your snowflakes...the layering of colors is lovely. Great use of this week’s colors. Thanks so much for joining us this week at The Paper Players!

Jaydee said...

Rosemary, I love that you added color to your snowflakes, it really makes them pop off the card. Wonderful use of the PP colors. So glad that you joined us this week at the Paper Players
Jaydee