"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Friday, November 16, 2018

two cards...

Hello!  The weekend is here!  I hope you have some fun plans.  I'm popping in with a couple of cards that I have made over the last few day.  First up is a card for Freshly Made Sketches.  I recently ordered a few things from Honey Bee Stamps and received a little card with my order that can be colored.  I decided to try my hand at coloring with grays using the card.  I pulled out my Prisma Color pencils and found three compatible grays and got to coloring up the flowers.   Once I finished with the flowers I found a green that was in the gray family, as well and a light yellow that I toned down even more with a white pencil.    I trimmed the panel just a bit once I was done.  I adhered some black cardstock that I embossed with an embossing folder to a light gray cardstock base and then added my panel.  I have to admit that I really pleased with how things turned out!

The second card is for Color Throwdown and CAS(E) this Sketch.  When I saw the CTD color palette I immediately thought of one of the Starbucks Christmas mugs that you can find in their stores.  They are so pretty and feature I stylized poinsettia on them so I decided to make a poinsettia for my card.  I just love poinsettias!  I pulled out my AJVD Poinsettia die set to create the poinsettia using red and aqua cardstock. Once the flower was created I added strips of silver glitter cardstock to a white cardstock base.  I placed my flower on the card where I wanted it and then placed my sentiment stamp.  The flower was removed, the sentiment was stamped using VersaFine CLAIR Tulip ink and then I adhered the flower.  Love the super clean and simple design.


Hope you have a wonderful day!

Supplies:  Cardstock:  white, aqua, light red, gray, black, silver glitter; Stamps:  Honey Bee; A Jillian Vance Design; Dies:  A Jillian Vance Design; Embossing folder:  Darice; Ink:  VersaFine CLAIR

9 comments:

Greta said...

Love both of these, Rosemary! Gorgeous coloring with the pencils & brilliant idea to make a red/aqua poinsettia!

Lisa Elton said...

WOWZA are you flowers ever gorgeous! This is an elegant card, bravo on the coloring Rosemary. Love that pretty poinsettia too with the sparkly strips you added. Have a great weekend!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Two beauties, Rosemary! Just love how you colored the flowers with greys and yellow on card one! The poinsettia looks amazing on card two with the aqua leaves and silver trim!!

Betty Wright said...

Both cards are wonderful! I especially love the soft colors and tones of the first one! Great designs!

Vickie Z said...

Wonderful cards! Love that sweet poinsettia and silver panels on your CTD card! So happy you played along!

Jen Brum said...

What a beautiful set of cards! I love the embossed background and those gorgeous flowers! Such an elegant thank you card! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Linda Callahan said...

Your cards are gorgeous! Beautiful flowers! Glad you shared one at FMS!

Anita in France said...

Your dimensional poinsettia is fabulous, Rosemary ... so bright and fresh against the shimmery silver strips! Those grey blooms are stunning ... awesome colouring ... so elegantly showcased ... simply beautiful! Hugs, Anita :)

TK said...

Beautiful cards, but my fave has to be our EXQUISITE first one! Wowzer!