"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Friday, September 29, 2023

fallish wreath...

 Hello!  Can't believe that September is almost over.  Fall is definitely in the air here in the Pacific Northwest.   The rain is falling, the wind is blowing and that means I had to get out my warm coat when I take our dog for a walk.   I don't walk when it raining hard, but I do love getting out once the rain has passed as the air is so fresh, clean and full of the smell of falling leaves!  Anyway, on to my card.  It is for Color Throwdown and Freshly Made Sketches.   Will also add it to the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge of anything goes. Take a look.


As I have stated in the past, Scrapbook.com often has freebies and about a week ago they offered this die wreath.  I couldn't resist so I made a small purchase.   When I saw the FMS sketch I thought the wreath would be fun to use.  I die cut mossy green and rust colored cardstocks with the wreath then glued them together.  The is a separate circular die that I cut from kraft cardstock and stamped with the sentiment from a Simon Say Stamp with VersaFine CLAIR Acorn ink.  I die cut off white cardstock with a rectangle die and then adhered the wreath and sentiment.  I found a piece of mossy colored twine that I wrapped around the panel and tied in a bow.  


Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!


9 comments:

Celeste Goff said...

What an absolutely gorgeous card!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Great take on the sketch using the wreath with the twine, Rosemary! Love the double layer in those colors!!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

What a wonderful frame and so autumnal, making it perfect for now. I agree Autumn is definitely here, rain, winds and cloudy skies. At least here in Wales. Your card certainly brightens the day.
Faiht x

Lisa Elton said...

Oh boy is this ever pretty! You always have the best ideas for those FMS challenges!

TK said...

Great use of color and the sketch for your pretty Fall card, and first use of your new die

Jacquie Southas said...

Fabulous fall wreath! Thanks for playing along with us at FMS this week.

Jen Brum said...

This is such a beautiful fall card Rosemary! I just love that wreath! The colours are fantastic! Love the twine as well! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Linda Callahan said...

Perfect fall colors for your wreath! Very pretty! So glad you shared it at FMS!

Greta said...

So glad I got that freebie, too! Love the combo you used here!