"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Wednesday, September 20, 2023

so very...

 Hello!  Seems like it has been awhile since I lasted posted.   Honestly, haven't felt much like making cards.  I would rather be stitching, lol!   But I did make something to share.  This card is for a challenge that I rarely get the opportunity to participate in... JUGs!  Loved the inspiration photo so just had to make something.  I also going to add this to the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge to use a background stamp.  The circular image in the back is small, but it is a background stamp.  Take a look.


Last year I fell in love with distress mica sprays.  I hadn't really been that interested in sprays of any kind because they tend to be a little messy and I don't like to get things messy.  But for whatever reason I decided to buy a couple and the rest is history.   I own all of the sprays that came out last year (except one) and several of the sprays that were released this year.  For this card I used two new sprays (Fallen Acorn and Flickering Candle) and one old (Burning Ember).  I used all three on the bottom die cut leaf and Burning Ember and Flickering Candle on the top skeleton leaf.  The leaf die, circular background image and sentiments are all from Concord & 9th.  The leaf die and sentiments are from the Thankful Leaves turnabout bundle and the circular background image is from the Eclectic Garden stamp set.  I used Scattered Straw distress ink for the background image and VersaFine CLAIR Acorn ink for the sentiment.   I thought the card was a little too plain so I added some splatters using the Flickering Candle mica spray and a small paintbrush.  

Thanks for stopping by and have a lovely day!


6 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

I love that this pretty leaf of your floated it's way into our JUGs gallery! Wonderful fall card, Rosemary!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Doesn't look like no mojo Rosemary, this is gorgeous.
Faith x

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Stunning layered leaf with all the mica sprays, Rosemary!! Love the touch of music in the background - makes me think of that song "the falling leaves drift by my window"...

TK said...

Beautiful fall colors, and pretty leaf die, Rosemary

cm said...

Your leaf is absolutely gorgeous! I have two sets of mica sprays - the two new ones for Halloween - and have yet to give them a try. Aiming to do so this week; fingers crossed I'll get results as amazing as yours. Thank you for joining us at Just Us Girls!
~carol

Greta said...

So much for keeping up my blog reading! But today I'm determined to catch up--on your blog, anyway--haha! This is just gorgeous--love the background & the beautiful leaf!