"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Saturday, September 2, 2023

It's STAMPTEMBER!

Hi everyone!  September has arrived and that means that STAMPTEMBER has arrived, as well.  If you haven't heart of Stamptember I will fill you in.  Stamptember is Simon Says Stamp's celebration of all things crafting.  The month is filled with special collaboration releases from many of your favorite stamp companies, special edition crafty kits and so much more.  Today Simon Says Stamp is kicking things off with a blog party (not a blog hop)!  You can see the list of all participants on the Simon Says Stamp blog.  Each participant has a special code to share.  Using my code will allow you to get the Fancy Love die set for free with purchase!   See the graphic below for the code:


The code is good until September 3, 2023 at 11:59 pm ET.  

Simon was so kind and sent me the super cute Happy Hauntings stamp set to create with.  I'm not a huge fan of Halloween, but I now have one great nephew and three great nieces and the cute little dragon images are perfect to use to create Halloween cards for all the littles in your life!   Take a look at what I created.

There are four images in the stamp set and lots of fun sentiments.  I stamped all the images using VersaFine CLAIR Nocturne ink on watercolor paper and then watercolored them with my Jane Davenport watercolors.  I was going to color two of the dragons purple, but loved the first two so much in the bright green that I did all four that way.  How cute are these two little witch dragons?  I just love the one with the balloon.  I have never seen the Nightmare Before Christmas, but I'm very aware of the main character Jack Skellington and the balloon face reminds me of him!  

I love pumpkins so I was happy to see two of the dragons carrying pumpkins.   Once all the images were colored and dry I die cut them with a small rectangle die and then moved onto creating the backgrounds.  I used the SSS Ticking background stamp from the July release and stamped it using Spiced Marmalade distress oxide ink.    I distressed the edges of the rectangle using Peeled Paint distress oxide ink and a very light distressing of  Black Soot distress oxide ink.  I layered the backgrounds on lime green cardstock.   For a little more interest I stamped the spider web in the corner of each piece and then added some silver stickles (which you can't really see in the photos).   I love how they turned out!

Thanks for stopping by today and enjoy the Stamptember release blog party!  Don't forget you can see the entire release right here

19 comments:

Kathleen said...

Love the watercoloring. What a fun way to bring this image to life.

Erica Most said...

Pumpkin and dragon lover here too. I like your soft coloring.

Kimberly Perry said...

I can see the silver stickles on the spiderweb! It’s a great addition. I also like that you just cut the dragon with a rectangle die instead of the matching dye. It’s a great reminder for other stamps I don’t have the dies for

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Wonderful coloring on the whimsy Halloween critters.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I agree about the cute images, they are really lovely as are your cards Rosemary. Love the sentiments too.
Faith x

Sue N said...

What a sun set of cards! I love the little dragons and spider web images in the corners! The ticking BG is neat and your coloring is wonderful!

SEKreationz said...

/Your cards are cute!

TheWinstonFamily said...

Love your cute Halloween cards.

Esther Asbury said...

Super cute cards!

Joan L said...

Very cute!!

Giselle said...

How cute! I like the stripes, they look like old wallpaper, perfect for a Halloween card.

Joanberrie13 said...

Love this!

Bast said...

Adorable!

Greta said...

Such cute cards!

Sra. Spitzer said...

Super cute little dragons, expertly colored. These are first-rate cards!! TFS
Lori S in PA

Maureen Reiss said...

Super Cute!!!

Lisa Elton said...

These are all adorable, Rosemary!

Becca Yahrling said...

Your cards are so darling!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Darling quartet of cards, Rosemary - love those little Halloween dragons!! Darn it - missed this before your code expired, oh well...