"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Thursday, September 21, 2023

two cards...

 Hey!  Look at me posting two days in a row, lol!   That hasn't happened in a very long time.   Today I have two cards to share for two challenges that I normally combine:  Freshly Made Sketches and Color Throwdown.    First up is the card for FMS.


I recently got this fun jack-o-lantern die from Simon Says Stamp.  I wanted to use it for the sketch that FMS featured last week, but I just never got around to it.  Too busy cross-stitching and other things, lol!  When I saw this week's sketch I immediately knew I would be able to use the jack-o-lanterns with the sketch.  And I continued my love affair with distress mica sprays.  I used Harvest Moon and Mulled Cider mica sprays for the jack-o-lanterns.  Once my cardstock was dry I die cut them and then backed their faces with glossy black cardstock.   That was the easy part.  Then I had to figure out the sort of artistic portion of the sketch.   I wanted to use a mica spray, but sometimes things can go awry when trying to get the spray where you want it.  So I tried out a couple of stamped images, but didn't like any of them.   I die cut a piece of white cardstock, placed it in my splatter box, took a deep breath and sprayed.  It came out exactly as I wanted it to the first time!  YAY!    I placed the pumpkins approximately where I wanted them and then stamped the sentiment using VersaFine CLAIR Nocturne ink.  I thought the card needed a little something else so I pulled the spider web image from the stamp set that the sentiment came from and stamped it with the Nocturne ink.   I piled on the pumpkins and I was done.  I really like how it turned out.  Clean and simple, but with a bit of mixed media!


As many of you know Stamptember is happening right now at Simon Says Stamp.   Lots of different stamp companies collaborate with Simon Says Stamp on limited edition stamp and die sets.  In 2021 Concord & 9th collaborated with Simon Says Stamp to create the stamp and die combo called Double the Thanks.  That is what I used for my card.  I have to be honest and tell you that after I got the products I wasn't really sure that I should have even purchased them.  Do you ever do that?  Get caught up in the moment and buy something that in retrospect you probably shouldn't have?  Anyway, I decided to get it out to make a card using the CTD colors.   And I have to say that I like how it turned out.  To jazz things up a bit I added the background that I embossed with a WeRMemorykeepers embossing folder.   I used all Pinkfresh Studio inks for the stamping.  The finish touch was Nuvo drops in Morning Dew to the center of the flowers.  I had to do the drops in stages on the sunflower as the dot are tiny and very close together!



Thanks for stopping by and have a lovely day!


8 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Two cute cards, Rosemary! Your stack of Jack-O-Lanterns is adorable and your thanks you card is cheerful!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Two amazing cards, Rosemary! Just love your pumpkin stack with the (deep breath) sprayed splotch. You're doing fabulous things with the mica sprays - the pumpkins look almost flocked, so cool! I hear you on purchase regret and redemption/use. Almost always find a way and I love your colorful thank you!!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! Rosemary, I'm so glad you got your mojo back for making cards and what cards! They are just fabulous, I love your pumpkins, a great idea to add the web. Love it. Your second card is bright and happy and just perfect to say thank you.
Faith x

Jacquie Southas said...

Yay for spray doing what you want it to do! Love the splash of yellow behind this fun pumpkin stack. Thanks for playing along with us at FMS this week.

Jen Brum said...

Such a great Halloween card! I love that stack of jack o lanterns and the little web peeking out from behind! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Linda Callahan said...

Delightful cards! Glad you shared one at FMS!

Cécile RIBON said...

Such a delightful Halloween card! So fun with this sweet stacking of pumkins. Thanj=ks for joining us at FMS this week.

Greta said...

Looks like that set was a good purchase afterall! I'm impressed you could actually do the tiny dots! The first card is just so cute & love the web in the background!