"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Saturday, September 9, 2023

just because...

 Hello!  Popping in with a quick post of a card I made for Color Throwdown and Freshly Made Sketches.  Still not making any headway on cleaning up my crafty space.  Hopefully that will happen soon, lol!  Here is what I made.


Went very simple with this card.  I used a Poppystamps die called Maple Symphony to die cut my little maple leaves.  I used distress inks in Carved Pumpkin, Aged Mahagony and Festive Berries on white cardstock to get my colors.   The Aged Mahagony is coming across as a bit brown, but in real life it is definitely maroon.  Anyway, I used a very old PTI die that cut this little notebook page as the backdrop for my leaves.  I die cut it from white, a strip from kraft and then glued them together.  I popped the piece up on a white card base with foam tape.  I added the leaves and the sentiment that is from the Simon Says Stamp Happy Hello stamp set.  I cascaded the leaves down the notebook page ending with the gold glitter one that I placed directly on the card base with foam squares.    Took me no time to put together!  Since I did stamp the sentiment I'm going to add this to the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge


Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!


10 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

This is beautiful Rosemary, love the notebook die and the falling leaves.
Faith x

TK said...

CAS and beautiful, very pretty use of the sketch and colors - welcoming in Fall is always a beautiful delight

Lisa Elton said...

What a cute take on the sketch! Delightful card, Rosemary!

Vickie Z said...

Great use of the sketch and colors!! So happy you joined us at CTD!!

Kim S said...

I love your simple, neutral background with the bit of notebook edging - SO perfect behind your four colorful falling leaves! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Wanda Cullen said...

Amazing, beautiful CAS design! You rocked the colors and I'm so glad you joined in on the challenge!

Karren said...

This is fabulous and so beautifully clean! The notebook edge is such a great look with these pretty leaves. Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Narelle Farrugia said...

Striking card with those pops of coloured leaves! Thanks for joining us at FMS this week!

Greta said...

So sweet! Great use of the sketch!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Darling little maple leaves and I love the small notebook sheet, Rosemary!!