"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Gettin' a Little Shabby...

Hello friends!  I have a shabby little card to share today and I hope that it passes muster with my sweet Kiwi friend, Sue.   This is my hope because you see Sue is quite adept at the shabby chic style of cardmaking and this week she is the hostess with the most-est over at Our Creative Corner.  Her choice of challenge?  Shabby chic, of course.  Now, when Sue made mention of the fact that she would be hosting an OCC challenge I mused in my comment on her blog that I should play along.   Well, Sue took me up on that little comment and challenged me to, and I'm quoting her, "see as much Shabby as you can possibly do, extend yourself and let go, shove CAS out the window, down the path and over the wall".   See, I love CAS and I'm not overly comfortable with layering things up and adding multiple embellishments.  Sue, on the other hand, finds creating CAS cards difficult and has no problem layering and embellishing.   I tried my best to add as many layers and embellishments as I could.  I hope that this card meet with Sue's approval.

I used some papers from the My Mind's Eye Ms. Caroline Howdy Doody 6x6 papers and a stamp set from the Stampin Up! called Apothecary Art that really lends itself to the shabby chic look.  I stamped the image using Rich Cocoa ink, colored the image with Copic makers and then die cut the image using the matching Sizzix Labels die.  All the edges of the paper and cardstock were distressed with a distressing tool.   A bit of lace was added to the bottom of the gingham strip and then I added all the roses, leaves and pearls.  I die cut the leaves from green felt for a more softer look.  I will be putting this card into the current Catered Crop challenge to use felt on your project, as well.

Thanks for stopping by....

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI Vintage Cream; PP:  My Minds Eye; Stamps:  Stampin Up!; Ink:  Memento Rich Cocoa; Felt:  My Favorite Things; Pearls:  Stampin Up!; Roses:  Prima and unknown; Lace:  unknown; Copic markers; Dies:  My Favorite Things Royal Leaves & Sizzix/Stampin Up! Labels dies

14 comments:

~amy~ said...

Soooo pretty!!!

Barb said...

I think Sue is going to love it! That paper is so pretty and wow - those roses are absolutely gorgeous! You are good at any style you try, Rosie - so talented - LOVE THIS!!

Nona said...

You achieved the shabby look beautifully, Rosemary! Love the layering of the pretty pp, the distressed edges, and the cluster of flowers and pearls. Absolutely lovely!

Scrumplescrunch said...

Ha.. Ha.. Ha..... I am still laughing at your post Rosie, I am so pleased you took up the Challenge because you have made a most beautiful card; like I knew you would. I have given it a huge tick in the approval box. Look at that wonderful Bg, full of life and prettiness, the distressing adds such texture, it has a feeling of spring and warmth, a balanced mixture of both warm and cool colours, and it is mouth watering sweet, your flowers are like creamy gelatos, all it needs is some whipped cream, the mix is luscious, your lace is so surreptitiously placed in a clandestine way.... but I noticed it! Well done indeed.
Thank you so very much for joining us at Our Creative Corner this week, as always it is my pleasure to view your work.
Smiles:)
Sue

kingstonmama said...

Your card makes it look like you're totally comfortable with this style. It's gorgeous. I love your combination of papers and those beautiful flowers and pearls.

Canonbury creations said...

Beautiful card Rosie, love the papers and I definitely think you've fulfilled the criteria!
Val x

craftieodmae said...

I am so far behind on commenting......sorry, but the kitchen is done, I have discovered one thing, I'm to old for that kinda stuff LOL. this is one fantastic gorgeous card!!!!

Robin K. said...

Sue's quote made me LOL Rosemary!!! You are my CAS idol but I also think you do shabby chic very well!! I LOVE how you've used that SU image with the cluster of flowers and felt leaves! Gorgeous card!!

Viv said...

Oh Rosie, it's fantabulous. I love shabby chic too, well done again :) Viv xx

Elizabeth Allan said...

Rosemary you definitely have a great shabby chic style! Glad Sue challenged you. You certainly delivered with this beauty!

Martha said...

Hi, Rosemary! This is a real beauty! The papers and flowers work beautifully together. Your creativity is never-ending! I love it!

Michelle said...

You should do shabby more often...this is amazing! The papers, lace and flowers are gorgeous!

Saints Rule! said...

This is beautiful Rosemary! I love the roses, stamp, layout... it just FLOWS! See, what are ya afraid of??? Awesome job! :-)

Greta said...

That is one gorgeous card! Love the roses in the pp & then the paper roses in a lovely grouping--all is just wonderful!