"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

CCC #60 - Apple

Hello friends!!  Tuesday has rolled around and that means time for a brand new CASology challenge!!  In some parts of the US school has already started, but here in my area of Western Washington school starts on Wednesday, September 4th.  So with school in full swing our cue word this week is appropriately... apple!  And our guest designer this week is the very talented Sandie!!  All the details can be found here on the CASology blog.



After my little break last week I was ready to dive right into this week's challenge and knew exactly what I was going to be making.  I really like it when that happens because honestly I often struggle with the cue words!  Anywhoo... I have this lovely teacher themed set from Verve called "Teachers Count".  The set also has a cute little set of coordinating apple dies.  I die cut the apples and then stamped them with the corresponding apple and leaf images.   The little banner was die cut using another Verve die from the "Flag It" set and stamped with the sentiment.  Before arranging all the pieces on the card stock piece I ran the cardstock through my Big Shot with a piece of burlap to create the texture.  I know that a certain stamp company came out with a burlap coverplate recently, but honestly if you have a piece of burlap you can create a nice subtle texture on your cardstock for a lot less!  All the pieces were attached and then little bits of twine were tied in bows and adhered to the apples.  A very simple, but classic CAS layout.  I'm going to pop this card into the current Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge:  Back to School.

Thanks for stopping by...I cannot wait to see what fun "apple" ideas all you super talented paper crafters come up with for this challenge!! In the meantime make sure you check out the cards from the rest of the design team: Melissa, Judy, Meghan, Ardyth, Gillian, Maureen, Kimberly, Jen and Tracey and our guest designer, Sandie

26 comments:

Ardyth said...

I have always loved kraft with a bold pop of red - this is a great example of clean design!

craftieodmae said...

Fantastic creation!!! Lets go take an apple break LOL

Barb said...

This is so perfect, Rosie! I love how you added a tiny bow to each apple - so cute!

Canonbury creations said...

Perfect CAS card Rosie, love those apples:)
Val x

Christine said...

Hello Rosy,
I love cards like this! Very CAS and great colours!
Hug
Christine

judkajudi said...

Love your CAS apple card! I don't think I own an apple image!! But it's fun to see what others do ...

Meghan said...

I LOVE this stamp set! Thankfully I won it and I have used it quite a bit. Such a perfect clean and simple card!

wienerhoneymooners said...

Love the Kraft Rosemary!!! and the little twine is so cool, awesome job!!!

Deepti said...

This is CAS perfection :) I love the cute apples and the burlap embossed background :) too good

Evelyn S. said...

I LOVE this! Beautiful simplicity...fabulous choice of kraft. (Who makes the kraft cardstock? I'm always looking for good kraft cs.)

Greta said...

I love kraft & red & this is a great example of why--love the look you achieved here, Rosemary!

Robyn said...

I came to your blog specifically to find out how you got that great texture on your card! Thanks for sharing this great method! Love your apple card- it's in my faves!

Anonymous said...

Delicious, Rosemary! Love the from the burlap and those cute little twine bows ... and those apples are so sweet! Anita :)

Kim S said...

Burlap!! Thank you for the idea! I'm off to get some burlap!

Carol L said...

I love everything about this card, including the texture in the cardstock! CAS perfection!

Maureen Merritt said...

Oh, I love how you added texture with burlap! That's brilliant!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Very pretty Rosemary. Love the sweet apples and the Kraft background. Thank you for playing along with us at the Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge.

Nat said...

love the kraft and the soft twine. beautiful fall design :)

Craft-E-Place said...

This card is beautiful. I love its style and design.
Elaine

Jean said...

Love your burlap background ~ a fabulous CAS design!

Leni said...

Love this!

Jen W. said...

Love the texture from the burlap and such a great idea to save a few bucks! And those little apples are adorable.

Judy1223 said...

Ah, Rosemary, our kids all started back to school on the same day! I'm wiped after that first week, as are my kids! Hope you fared better than I did...that's why I'm so late to commenting...sorry! I LOVE your apple card, perfect on a kraft base. Love it!

Gillian R said...

Another amazing card, love the kraft and red, such a good combination. Sorry for the late visit this week

Terri J said...

I love this color combination, the red really pops. I also love the texture you created with burlap, great thinking!

Sheri Gilson said...

Super cute Back to School creation! Thanks so much for playing along with The Curtain Call!