"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Monday, October 21, 2013

butterfly hello...

Hello friends!!  Have a quick post today with a card that I made for the current Wednesday Stamp Club sketch challenge over at My Favorite things. 


When I saw the sketch last week I immediately knew I that I wanted to use either my MFT Dispersed Dot Die-namics die or my Fluttering Hearts Die-namics die.  Since I hadn't used Fluttering Hearts I decided to go with that one.  I positioned it on my card stock and then taped it down with some washi tape (perfect for securing dies to card stock since it is low tack) and then ran it through my Big Shot.  Because I was feeling pretty darn lazy last night I used a Studio Calico wood veneer butterfly.  I took a little pink button, threaded some twine through the wholes and then secured it to the butterfly so the thread ends would be the antennae.  I die cut some patterned paper from the Crate Paper Farmhouse 6x6 pad using a MFT fishtail flag stax die and the stamped it with the "hello" sentiment from the MFT/LJD set "On the Line".  I did secure some of the same patterned paper to the card base so it would peek through the hearts, but it is hard to see in the photo.

Thanks for stopping by...

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI white; SU! Crumb Cake; PP:  Crate Paper Farmhouse; Stamps:  MFT/LJD On the Line; Ink:  Memento Rich Cocoa; Butterfly:  Studio Calico; Twine:  May Arts;  Button:  PTI; Dies:  My Favorite Things

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, Rosemary ... sooo delightful! I adore the colour palette and the twine as antennae on the butterfly ... sheer genius! Anita :)

Evelyn S. said...

Just so pretty!

Nonni said...

Beautiful. I love your colors and details.

Deepti said...

This is beautiful :) love the color palette and the curled fish tale banner :)

Barb said...

What a beauty, Rosie! Love the softness of those pretty colors!

Scrumplescrunch said...

This looks fabulous Rosie, what a wonderful effect that heart die makes to this CAS design
Smiles:)
Suwe

joy said...

I love everything about this card, Rosemary!

Greta said...

Oh this is just fabulous, Rosemary! Love using the string for the antennas & that patterned paper is perfect with your shade of kraft! Another favorite!

walchowDesign said...

I had a hard time on this sketch but you hit it, Rosemary! Such a wonderful card!

craftieodmae said...

WOW!!! I love this, the butterflies are fantastic!!!!

Brenda in IN said...

This is a cutie!

Mona Pendleton said...

Simply beautiful Rosemary! Thanks for joining along with MFT :)

Robin K. said...

Love how you used the heart die in your design!

Viv said...

Ooh this looks fabulous Rosie, just love that hearts die and the pretty butterfly. Great card design & colour too:) Viv xx

Martha said...

OH MY, I love this one, also!
It's simply FABULOUS & BEAUTIFUL!
The "Crumb Cake" is one of my all time favorites.

Nat said...

ok, butterflies and hearts, think I am in love!!!! awesome :)