"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Thursday, October 27, 2016

bursting with joy...

Hello!!!  Well... the week is winding down and we have had a really wet one here in the Pacific Northwest!!  But I'm okay with that... we need the rain!!  I'm popping in with a card that I made for the current Essentials by Ellen pin-sights challenge.  I will also be posting it to the current Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge of anything goes and to Word Art Wednesday which is also anything goes.   The inspiration board for the EE challenge is gorgeous... full of all kinds of fall loveliness.  I decided to focus on the flower arrangements in the center of the board.  I pulled out my Mondo Peony stamp set and did some watercoloring with my ZIGs. I stamped the flower and leaves on watercolor cardstock using watermark ink, applied white embossing powder and then heat set.   I used an orange for the flower and a dark green for the leaves.  Some yellow was scribbled on to a piece of watercolor cardstock and then blended out with clean water.  Once the flower and leaves were dry I trimmed them out since I don't own the matching dies (yet!).  I arranged the pieces on the dry panel so I could figure out where to stamp the sentiment (from the EE set Lovely).  I trimmed the panel down, stamped the sentiment using Onyx Black ink and then adhered the flower the leaves.  Don't know if peonies come in orange, but that is the great thing about card making... you can make flowers any color you want!!
Hope you have a wonderful day...
Supplies:  Cardstock:  white, Ranger watercolor cardstock; Stamps:  Essentials by Ellen; Ink:  VersaFine Onyx Black; Watercolor medium:  ZIG clean color markers; VersaMark watermark ink; Filigree white embossing powder

11 comments:

Greta said...

This is gorgeous, Rosemary! I have yet to be successful using Zigs for a background, but yours all come out great! Love the flower--gotta add it to my wishlist now!

Lisa Elton said...

BEAUTIFULLY done Rosemary!! Your flower is fabulous and perfectly colored!!

Aileen said...

Stunning card, your flower is absolutely beautiful.

Nancy R. said...

Gorgeous coloring and a beautiful card!

TK said...

Wow! That is fantastically stunning! I adore the color, and you've done a GREAT job of coloring! I just wish I could come hang out and watch you color as my ZIGs have not been easy to me!

Martha said...

Rosemary, this is simply gorgeous & definitely a winner! You used the pretty flower so beautifully.

Please send some of that rain in our direction. :)

Karen Letchworth said...

This is absolutely lovely, Rosemary. I'm just blown away with your amazing talents, and can't thank you enough for sharing with us. It's such a blessing to have you play along, and I sincerely hope that you will join us again soon.
Blessings,
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

Anita in France said...

Stunning, Rosemary ... the sentiment is perfect with that beautifully coloured peony ... bursting with joy indeed! Hugs, Anita :)

Karren said...

This is so gorgeous and your coloring is amazing! Love this card!

Lisa Lara said...

Now that is just completely stunning Rosi. I love the little watercolor background. Perfect finishing touch.

Melissa Bove said...

Stunning card! Such a beautiful flower!! Wonderful coloring too!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

hugs...
Melissa