"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Sunday, January 29, 2017

birthday tweetings...

Hey!!  Stopping in with a card for the current CTS challenge.  Also posting this to the anything goes challenge at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge.  I'm not a huge fan of critter stamp sets, but when I saw the super cute Reverse Confetti Toucan of Friendship set I just had to get it.  I had been wanting to make something with it since it arrived in my mailbox and the CTS layout finally provided me with the opportunity.  I started with some woodgrain cardstock and inked one corner with some Broken China distress ink.  I then stamped my little toucan and the leaves on some watercolor paper with VersaFine Onyx Black ink.   I wanted my toucan to look like a real one so I googled toucans and got to coloring with my ZIG markers.  Most toucans have black feathers, but some also have red feathers on their chest.  So I colored my toucan's body black and then layered in some dark red.   Their beaks can be many different colors.  I chose to go with a beak that is a combination of yellow, green, blue and orange.   The little leaves were colored with two shades of green.  Once everything was dry I die cut the images and then layered them up on the panel.  A banner was die cut from green cardstock using an MFT fishtail flag stax die and then stamped with the sentiment in the Onyx Black.  Finished with a few little sequins.  I really like how my little toucan turned out!!

 I generally don't talk about stamping products because there are a ton of people out there who review stuff all the time, but I just have to say that I recently got the Lawn Fawn stamp shammy and it is absolutely AMAZING!!  No more stamp cleaning solution and stamp scrubbers for me or baby wipes for that matter!!
Wishing you a wonderful day...
Supplies:  Carstock:  white; Ranger woodgrain and watercolor papers; Stamps:  Reverse Confetti; Dies:  Reverse Confetti and MFT; Inks:  VersaFine Onyx Black, Ranger Broken China distress ink; Watercolor Medium:  ZIG clean color markers; sequins

10 comments:

Lisa Petrella said...

So cute!!!! Fabulous take on the sketch!

Virginia L. said...

Love everything about this darling card, Rosemary! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Anything Goes” Challenge! Beautiful colors and design. Well done!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, I love your inking! Fabulous take on the sketch!

Petra Swart said...

Oh, I love your great take on the sketch, Rosemary!!!!! Your toucan looks wonderful!!!!
Have a great week!!!!!
Hugz

Canonbury creations said...

Fab card Rosie, love your toucan, great design.
Val x

Anita in France said...

Oh how cute, Rosemary ... what a brilliant little toucan ... fabulous set among those sweet leaves and sponged woodgrain background! Hugs, Anita :)

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Such a sweet card! That toucan is too cute!

Lisa Elton said...

Fantastic!! Your take on the sketch is spot on. Love this fun card Rosemary!

Greta said...

Your coloring is just wonderful, Rosemary! Love the blended ink on the woodgrain paper!

TK said...

Beautiful colors -- and I happen to LOVE your cutesy critter!