"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Sunday, April 2, 2017

Easter blessings...

Hello!!  Feels like ages since I posted anything, but it has only been since Wednesday!  Finally got some time today and made a few cards.  The last one I made is for the current Color Throwdown challenge and I also entered it in the current Simon Says Stamp flickr challenge.  I think I will add this to the current Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge of anything goes.   I got to make a quick trip to a local craft store recently.  They had the new Distress Oxide inks and so I used my coupon to pick up two colors to try out.  I used the Broken China since it works with the Color Throwdown combo.  I inked up some Bristol cardstock with it and then flicked on water.  I blotted some off and let some dry to create my background.  The flowers (from the SSS set Sketch Ranunculus) were stamped on watercolor paper with watermark ink and then heat embossed in white.  Then everything was watercolored with ZIGs and die cut with the matching dies.  Once I got everything arranged and adhered I stopped to figure out the sentiment.  I decided to make my card an Easter card so I got out the SSS Easter die, cut it from vellum three times and adhered them together.  The sentiment is from the SSS Rejoice! stamp set that matches the Easter die.  I stamped that in black ink and then adhered the die cut word.  A few Pretty Pink Posh sparkling clear sequins finished things off.  
Wishing you a wonderful day...

Supplies:  Cardstock: white, Bristol, watercolor; Stamps and dies:  Simon Says Stamp; Inks:  Distress Oxide ink, VersaFine Onyx Black, VersaMark watermark ink; Watercolor medium:  ZIG Clean Color markers; Pretty Pink Posh Sparkling clear sequins

8 comments:

Greta said...

Truly beautiful, Rosemary! I haven't even used my dies for that stamp set, but you've inspired me! Gorgeous color combo that you've used to perfection!

Wanda Cullen said...

What a great card and you've peaked my interest in the new distress oxide inks! I haven't gotten on that bandwagon...yet. :-) Thanks for joining us at Color Throwdown!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love your Distress Oxide background, Rosemary! Perfect for your ranunculus!

Vickie Z said...

Love the background and those sweet flowers! Happy Easter! So glad you joined us at CTD!

Lisa Elton said...

This is wonderful Rosemary! The colors and your design add up to happiness!

Lin said...

Have always loved scribble flowers, and your card shows off these colors beautifully, Rosemary! Thanks for sharing this with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

Anita in France said...

Those scribble blooms are gorgeous, Rosemary ... they pop so beautifully against that lovely oxide ink background! Deliciously spring like and fabulous for Easter! Hugs, Anita :)

Martha said...

Rosemary, I love this card!
The colors are simply beautiful.