"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Friday, June 2, 2017

congrats!

Happy weekend everyone!! Stopping in with a graduation card that I made for one of my dearest friend's son. He graduates this weekend and will soon be enlisting in the United States Air Force so I went with a stars and red, white and blue theme.  The layout is from the current MFT sketch challenge.   I die cut the word congrats from red and blue cardstock and adhered the blue offset behind the red word.  A blue star was die cut using the Stars Above die set from My Favorite Things and then stamped with one of the images from the Stars Above stamp set using blue ink.  I adhered the star and then the sentiment to a panel of white cardstock.  Small stars were die cut from red and blue cardstock and then stamped with the corresponding star using red and blue inks.  To set things off I adhered the panel to a gray cardstock base.  Super simple, but I think the perfect card for a young man graduating and heading off to serve our country!!  I'm also posting this to the current Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge of anything goes.

Have a wonderful weekend!!

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI white, SSS fog, SU! navy and red; Stamps:  My Favorite Things; Dies:  My Favorite Things and Simon Says Stamp; Inks:  Stampin Up!





5 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Congrats to the graduate and good luck to him on the USAF!! This is a terrific card Rosemary. I like the shadow on the sentiment!

Greta said...

Love the addition of the gray with the red, white & blue! This is one fabulous card, my friend!

Teresa Kline said...

this is gorgeous, luv those beautiful stars! I am so glad you played along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

blog-paperie blooms
ig-2klines

sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Fab grad card - perfect for a young man headed into the military, Rosemary! Love this!!

Lisa Lara said...

Awesome!