"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Saturday, August 25, 2018

a couple cards to share...

Hello! As my title indicates I have a couple of cards to share.  The other day I found a new to me art supply store in town.  When I got the chance to be back in the area I went in and asked if they carried Faber-Castell polychromos pencils.   To my delight they do... so picked up some!   As soon as I got home I wanted to try them out and remembered that when I got my Honey Bee Stamps order over a month ago one of the things in the package was a little postcard with a floral image stamped on it.  So I colored it up and I am in love with my new color pencils!  I made the piece into a card that I have shared on Instagram.   Today I colored up some of the flowers from the Honey Bee Stamps set Spring Blossoms using my pencils and turned it into a card for this week's Freshly Made Sketches challenge.  After everything was colored I die cut them with the matching dies.   The sentiment is from the Honey Bee Stamps set called Donut Worry.  I stamped the words in VersaFine CLAIR Nocturne and then die cut them with matching dies from the set.   The I layered everything up.  Threw in a little bit of sparkle with my strip of silver glitter cardstock.

The second card is for Color Throwdown and Where Creativity Meets C9.  This will be my third entry for the WCMC9 challenge.   I used the one C9 turnabout stamp set that I have (Wreath Turnabout) to create my card.   I stamped the wreath using all the colors and then stamped the sentiment in the center with VersaFine CLAIR Nocturne ink (yes... I LOVE that ink, lol!).  I added three little hearts using the eggplant, aqua and lime green inks and then added a little twine bow that I made using white and dark green baker's twine.   Super clean and simple... my favorite kind of card!

 


Have a wonderful day!

Supplies:  Cardstock:  White, light blue and silver glitter; Stamps:  Honey Bee Stamps, Concord & 9th; Dies:  Honey Bee Stamps and A Jillian Vance Design; Inks:  Stampin Up!, VersaFine CLAIR; Coloring medium:  Faber-Castell polychromos color pencils

11 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Two beautiful cards! Gorgeous flowers! Glad you shared one at FMS!

Lori said...

Beautiful designs! Love how the colors look on the wreath image. And, I agree with you about VersaFine Clair Nocture ink--it's pretty much my favorite right now. Thanks for joining us for this week's Color Throwdown!

Greta said...

Wow--I do love your work, my friend! Your new pencils definitely agree with you--beautiful flowers for the first card! The wreath is stunning! I have that stamp set, but haven't even opened it. Now I just want ink it up & copy your card--love everything about it!

~amy~ said...

Beautiful cards, love how the CTD palette inspired you!

Lisa Elton said...

Two absolutely beautiful floral cards!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love your wreath with the throw-down colors, Rosemary - so pretty and delicate!! Gorgeous trio of flowers too for the FMS challenge too!!

Amy O said...

Wow! These are both gorgeous! I love your coloring. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Broni said...

I love your wonderful wreath!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at this week's Color Throwdown!

Karren said...

Beautiful cards, Rosemary! Your flowers look amazing - fabulous coloring!

Anita in France said...

Two beauties, Rosemary ... your polychromos colouring and shading is gorgeous on that little posy of blooms ... and I love how you've used the CT colours on that delicious turnabout wreath! Hugs, Anita :)

Karen B. said...

Two amazing cards, I love your style. Thanks for joining in on the WC9 Challenge!