"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Sunday, September 30, 2018

cards for sketches...



Hey there!  Hope you had a great weekend!  I managed to make a couple of cards.  First up is a card that I made using this week's MFT sketch.  I used the super cute MFT stamp set called Hello Little One.  My niece is having a little boy in November and so I actually made the card for her baby shower.  Happy to say that she loved it!  I stamped the images in Memento Tuxedo Black ink and then colored them with Copic markers.  I then added depth to each image with Prismacolor pencils.  Once that was done I die cut everything with the matching dies.  Some MFT Smooth White cardstock was cut per the sketch and then I partially embossed it with a star embossing folder.  The die cuts were adhered to the panel.  I die cut the banner and then stamped it with the sentiment.   Adhered the banner and then adhered the panel to a light gray cardstock base.   I'm also going to add this to the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge of anything goes. 

The second card is for the current Freshly Made Sketches challenge.  I made this one for my great niece, Kaia.  I recently bought a pack of Lawn Fawn glitter cardstock and used it to make this all die cut card.   In August I joined the Spellbinders Small Die Kit club and the kit for September is all about Halloween.  The cute little ghost is one of the dies.  I die cut it three times from some white glitter cardstock from Stampin Up!  The purple and black glitter cardstock is from Lawn Fawn.  I die cut all the ghosts and then adhered them to the strips of purple glitter cardstock.  A strip of black glitter cardstock was adhered to the white cardstock base and then I adhered the ghost panels.  The sentiment was die cut from the black glitter cardstock and plain black cardstock two more times.  All three were adhered together and then the words adhered to the card base.   Super sparkly for sure!  I hope little Kaia likes it!

Hope you have a wonderful day!

Supplies:  Cardstock:  white, black, light gray, purple glitter, black glitter and white glitter; Stamps:  MFT; Dies:  MFT and Spellbinders; Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, VersaFine CLAIR Nocturne

4 comments:

Greta said...

Oh my goodness, Rosemary--these are just adorable! 2 totally different cards, but both are perfectly crafted! The images for the baby card are beautifully colored & I love the embossed background! The Halloween card is one of my favorites--wonderful glitter paper & the ghosts are just darling!

Jen Brum said...

Great set of cards! Love the sparkly ghosts! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Kim S said...

All the glitter on that Halloween card makes me smile!! The ghost is really sweet. I'm going to have to CAS(E) this for my niece who just isn't thrilled with the creepiness of Halloween - but purple glitter is perfect! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Lisa Elton said...

These are both adorable!!