"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Sunday, February 24, 2019

two more cards...

Hmm... I seem to be doing a lot of posts with two cards lately.  Guess it just seems to make sense to me.  Anyway... the first card is for Color Throwdown.   The color combo is really pretty, but also one that I wouldn't even think of to use.  When that happens I fall back on what I like to refer to as collage stamp... one of my favorite ways to stamp.  Collage is the technique of taking various materials to create a design.  Obviously I don't use different materials, but different types of images.  For this card I went to some of my favorite Stampin Up! set for images to use.   I generally have a good idea how colors will work together so it is just a matter of determining what types of images that I will be using.   I actually figured out how I was going to stamp this card, changed my mind to try something different, didn't like it and went back to my original idea, lol!  Anyone else do that?  Once the stamping was done I die cut the panel with my trusty A Jillian Vance Design Stitched Dot Rectangle die and then adhered it to a light gray cardstock base.  The inks used are from Stampin Up!, Close to My Heart, PTI and Imagine Krafts.


While the first card is all about stamping the second card is all about die cutting.  I recently received the Spellbinder's small die kit of the month and actually managed to make a card with it before the new kit has been revealed!  This card is for Freshly Made Sketches and the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge of dies only.   I turned to my large collection of patterned paper pads and pulled out an oldie, but goodie from My Mind's Eye Collectible Notable collection.  (I just checked and it is from 2013!)   I die cut the large die cut piece from some green paper from the pad and then the little flowers and butterflies from various coordinating papers.  Cut the piece of blue striped paper to fit the bottom portion of the card base, adhered the large die cut and then adhered the piece to my cardstock base.  I then added all the little flowers and the butterflies.  Because the large die cut is actually larger than the card front I trimmed off the overhang.  The sentiment was die cut from the same yellow patterned paper as the little flowers multiple times, adhered together and then adhered to the card front.  I did add little clear Pretty Pink Posh jewels to the center of the flowers.   Can't wait to use this beautiful die set again to create another spring themed card!


Hope you have a wonderful day!

Supplies:  Card #1:  Cardstock:  PTI white, SU! Smoky Slate; Stamps:  Stampin Up!; Inks:  Close to My Heart Pansy Purple, Stampin Up!, PaperTrey Ink and VersaFine CLAIR

Card #2:  Cardstock:  PTI white; Patterned paper:  My Mind's Eye; Dies:  Spellbinders; Embellishments:  Pretty Pink Posh jewels

6 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

What a fabulous pair of cards Rosemary! I love you college design on the first one!

Nancy said...

Two great cards, Rosemary! Your designs are always stunning! I love the second one. You used the colors in such a creative way!

TK said...

Two great cards, Rosemary -- each perfect in its own right!

Anita in France said...

Fabulous collage stamping, Rosemary ... and just the prettiest spring card, the colours are a delight! Hugs, Anita :)

Greta said...

As always, your collage stamping is wonderful, Rosemary, but I just adore the second card!

debby4000 said...

Two fabulous cards, love them both especially the one with all the die cutting.
Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
luv
Debby