"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Thursday, March 21, 2019

flowers and fish!

Hello!  Another two card post today.  Hmmm... I seem to be doing a lot of that lately, lol!  Anyway today I have cards that feature flowers and fish!  First up is my card featuring flowers.  The other day I spent part of my afternoon coloring some images from the Honey Bee Stamps Winter Anemone stamp set with my ZIG markers.  I had been planting daffodils earlier in the day and I guess I had yellow on the brain because I colored my anemones yellow!  Once they were all done I die cut them with the matching dies.  Now I colored all the images prior to knowing that the color combo for Color Throwdown would be yellow, green, red and white.  So I only had to figure out how to work red into my design and I had my card for the challenge!  I went with red enamel dots since I have lots of them and need to use them on projects.   The sentiment from the Honey Bee Stamps Thinking of You stamp set was stamped in VersaFine CLAIR Nocturne on the card base, the flowers arranged in the corner and then I finished with the enamel dots.    Also going to post this to the Flower Challenge.  This month it is anything goes.



The second card features the fish, obviously!  This one is heading to CAS(E) this Sketch and CASology (the theme there is ocean). In order to make my idea work for the CTS layout I turned it on it's side.  I recently got the March My Monthly Hero kit.  It is jam packed full of stamps and dies.  I purchased this kit because I have two other ocean theme My Monthly Hero kits from previous years and I knew they would work perfectly with the new kit.  I used two of the Hero Arts reactive inks that come in the kit.  One called Sea Glass was used to ink up the white cardstock panel for my bit of ocean.  The second color called Blue Water was just to stamp the kelp.  I then stamped two fish one in an emerald green and the other in a color called Tranquil Tide.  It is a blue/green/gray color.   Die cut them with the matching die.  I splatted on some water and them removed it with a towel to get the look of bubbles.  The sentiment was stamped in VersaFine CLAIR Nocturne.  I die cut the panel with a rectangle die, adhered it to a light gray card base and added some of the little droplets that come in the kit.  I think I will post this over at Less is More, too, as I did use the kelp image three times and there are three of the droplets.




Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!

Supplies:  Card #1:  Cardstock:  PTI white, Strathmore Smooth Bristol; Stamps and dies:  Honey Bee Stamps; Ink:  VersaFine Onyx Black, VersaFine CLAIR Nocturne; Watercolor medium:  ZIG Clean Color Real Brush markers; Enamel dots:  Freckled Fawn

Card #2:  Cardstock:  PTI white, SSS fog; Stamps:  Hero Arts; Dies:  Hero Arts and A Jillian Vance Design; Inks:  Hero Arts, VersaFine CLAIR, Stampin Up! Emerald Envy and Tranquil Tide; Hero Arts droplets

12 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Oh goodness are those flowers ever pretty! This is a wonderfully sunny and happy card. I like the fish too and the movement the grasses create. Two works of art Rosemary!

karen h said...

Both cards are gorgeous! Love the bold flowers in your first card. The scene for your second card is wonderful! Thanks for joining us at CASology!

Greta said...

Beautiful yellow flowers--love the card! Love the fishes card & how you made bubbles! Wonderful work, Rosemary!

Claire said...

So clever how you've used that sketch - I took one look at it and chickened out! Fab design!

donna mikasa said...

Such gorgeous blooms and a wonderful take on the sketch!

Wanda Cullen said...

Genius idea for the angel fish take on the sketch! You also totally rocked the throwdown colors with your gorgeous florals! I'm a big fan of yellow so this really caught my eye!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love your beautiful yellow flowers, Rosemary! That fish card really made me smile!!

Anita in France said...

Beautiful blooms, Rosemary ... love how you used the colour combo with just the tiny pops of red! Brilliant use of the sketch with your CAS ocean scene ... the sense of watery-ness is fabulous! Hugs, Anita :)

Nancy said...

Love both of these beauties! Such great colors! The fish card is great!

Shona Chambers said...

Wow, those yellow flowers totally caught my eye in the Gallery!! They are stunning and I absolutely love how you have them in the lower right hand corner of your card, usually myself and everyone else has things in the bottom left so its nice to see a change. And all that crisp white background makes those flowers jump off the card too. So very glad you joined us this month at The Flower Challenge!

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

two very beautiful cards here. I love the arty look of the second card Rosemary with the triangle of water (how did you do that?) and the wonderful ocean scene. Gosh, it makes me yearn of blistering hot summer days (sigh). Thank you so much for joining us at Less is More with that beautiful card xx

Neets B said...

Your ocean card is so stylish. I love the colours of your design paired with the light grey base. And the delicate blend behind your focal point is the perfect backdrop. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Less is More, Anita x