"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Friday, April 12, 2019

flowers and balloons...

Hello!  The weekend is upon us.  Hope you have some fun plans.  My youngest is going to be marching and trying to play the trombone in a parade tomorrow (the Jr. Daffodil parade) so that should be fun to watch!  I have a couple of cards to share... one with flowers and one with balloons.  First up the flowers card.  I have always loved primroses and one of my dad's favorite songs was one called Primrose Lane and so when I saw the Altenew Delicate Primroses stamp set I knew I had to get it.  Finally did about a week ago and so I used that along with the colors from the Altenew April inspiration challenge and the layout from Freshly Made Sketches to create my card.  I stamped two primroses using three shades of pink for one and three shades of yellow for the other.  They were then die cut with their matching die.  I found some cardstock in a similar blue to the color combo and cut a strip of that.  I layered that with a piece of black cardstock that I die cut with a scalloped edge die and trimmed down.  The strip was adhered and then I arranged the flowers so that I could determine where to stamp the sentiment (from the Altenew Dotted Flowers set).  I stamped the sentiment with VersaFine CLAIR Nocturne.  Some leaves were die cut from white cardstock using the Altenew Fantasy Florals die set and then I layered up the flowers and the leaves on the card front.  Since I did not use patterned paper on this I'm going to add this to the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge, as well.





For the second card I used the color combo for the current MFT color challenge, as well as the MFT sketch challenge.  I laid the sketch on it's side and used balloons for the banner elements from the sketch.  I inked up white cardstock with MFT's Blue Breeze and Cornflower inks and the die cut them using the MFT heart balloon die.  The little balloon strings were die cut from vellum.  I inked up white cardstock with Catherine Pooler Bellini and then die cut the final balloon.  The MFT celebrate word die was cut from white cardstock three times and stacked together.  I cut a strip of gray gingham paper (from a now retired MFT 6x6 pad) and adhered that to the bottom of my card base along with the balloon strings.  I then adhered the balloons and the word.  Super, super simple desing.



Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

Supplies:  Card #1:  Cardstock:  PTI white and black, Reverse Confetti medium blue; Stamps and dies:  Altenew; Inks:  Stampin Up! Catherine Pooler, Memento, VersaFine Clair, MFT

Card #2:  Cardstock:  PTI white; Patterned paper:  My Favorite Things; Dies:  My Favorite Things; Ink:  My Favorite Things and Catherine Pooler




8 comments:

Greta said...

Have fun at the parade! Love your cards, Rosemary! The primroses are beautiful & I love the fun balloon card!

Lisa Elton said...

A daffodil parade, that sounds like fun!! Your cards are fabulous Rosemary. I love that little trio of heart balloons!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Two gorgeous cards, Rosemary! Such pretty flowers on card one and I love the balloons on card two!!

Karren said...

Gorgeous cards! Those flowers look beautiful - wonderful take on the sketch. Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Anita in France said...

Such pretty primroses, Rosemary ... and sweet heart shaped balloons with that lovely scripty sentiment ... so fun! Hugs, Anita :)

Judy Rozema said...

Such fun cards with beautiful colors! Thank you for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Lin said...

Our oldest played trombone, Rosemary - love the rich tone of it! Pretty mix of stamping and dies for your design, thanks for sharing it with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

TK said...

Two beautiful cards, Rosemary! I love your ability to combine challenges and end up with such beauties!