"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Monday, September 2, 2019

Happy Stamptember!!

Hello everyone and welcome to the Simon Says Stamp Stamptember 2019 blog celebration!  This isn't a traditional blog hop, but an opportunity for you to find lots and lots of inspiration and ways to use all of the newly released Stamptember products.  The complete list of all participants can be found on the Simon Says Stamp blog.   Each blog will also be offering a special code that you can use to get something fun from Simon Says Stamp!  The code is found in the banner on my blog and only good until August 34rd at 11:59 pm EDT so make sure you place your order by then if you want the free item!  Simon sent me the School Days Grow stamp set to create with and I just fell in love with the sweet little flower images in the set.  They have tiny faces.... so cute!!

My first card uses those sweet little flowers for a clean and simple design based on the sketch from Fab Friday so I will be posting my card there, as well as with the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge of anything goes.  I stamped the flowers in a row using VersaFine CLAIR Nocturne ink and then colored them very simply with Faber-Castell Polychromos pencils using the colors from Color Throwdown.  I think there is just enough time for me to add my card to their gallery, as well.   I then trimmed down my panel to fit my cardstock base.  I stamped the sentiment on SSS fog cardstock with VersaFine CLAIR Nocturne ink and then trimmed it down.  The polka dot strip is some patterned paper from Moda Scrap that came in a Simon Says Stamp card kit that I purchased several months ago (apologies, but I don't remember which month!).  I layered those on per the sketch and then added the little twine bow.  The panel was then adhered with foam dimensionals to the cardstock base.   Super clean and simple!


The second card is also pretty clean and simple.  This time I used another piece of Moda Scrap patterned paper (all the papers were just so beautiful and made creating my cards so easy!) that I trimmed down and die cut with the SSS Flower Cluster die. I have had the Flower Cluster die for quite sometime, but this is the first time I have used it!    I adhered the die cut patterned paper to a light pink cardstock base and stamped the sentiment using Memento Bamboo ink.   The flower cluster was die cut two more times from white cardstock, all the little bits removed and then placed back inside the negative space finishing with the patterned paper die cut on top.

Thanks for stopping by today.  Please make sure to check out all the blogs participating in this celebration and pick up some of the newly released products.  You can find all of them here.

Supplies:  Card #1:  Cardstock:  MFT white, SSS fog; Patterned paper:  Moda Scrap; Stamps:  Simon Says Stamp; Inks:  VersaFine CLAIR; Coloring medium:  Faber-Castell Polychromos color pencils

Card #2:  Cardstock:  Reverse Confetti pink; Patterned paper:  Moda Scrap; Stamps:  Simon Says Stamp; Die:  Simon Says Stamp; Ink: Memento Bamboo



20 comments:

Colleen said...

Both cards are lovely

Laurie said...

Such sweet cards!

Greta said...

Those printed papers are so gorgeous & I love how you let them shine in each of the cards, Rosemary! Today's card really inspires me as I also have that wonderful die & have hardly used it! The little flowers are darling & what a perfect sketch to use for them!

TLady said...

BOTH of your cards look GREAT, Rosemary! LOVE the first one with just the little flowers & the washi tape. AND your second done with the die! A SUPER JOB!!!!!!! ;)<3

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Two fab cards, Rosemary! Especially love the sweet little flowers on card one and the die cut window on card two!!

Heather said...

Such a sweet little garden - love these little flowers all in a row! Thanks so much for playing at Fab Friday!

Teresa Doyle said...

So sweet Rosemary, I especially love the second one, very pretty.

Brenda Kuder said...

Lovely cards! Sweet!

Karthikha said...

Beautiful sweet cards! :)

Talitha said...

Two really great cards. Thanks.

Lisa Elton said...

I love how dainty and sweet these are! Darling cards Rosemary!

Sunnyk57 said...

What an effective and beautiful way to highlight those new materials with the lovely paper! Just super. You have such great ideas. I love this blog hop. It is so great I am only on #37. How am I ever going to get to see all of them? I keep lingering and jotting down ideas, ha ha!

Lagene said...

Awesome creations, Happy SSS STAMPTEMBER! I especially love the pink card with the flowers diecut out!

Teri S. said...

I love CAS style cards & yours are just that. The first is cute with those little flowers & the second is dainty & feminine.

Sandy M said...

Very pretty cards. I love the first card but the second card is my favorite.

Gab said...

Beautiful cards!

TK said...

two pretty cards but the die cut on the second is beautiful!

Annette Reed said...

Cute flowers on that first card. Your second is lovely. The paper and die pair well together.

Anita in France said...

What CAS loveliness, Rosemary ... those 'pretty maids all in a row' are so cute ... and the softness of the pp is gorgeous with the delicate die cut! Hugs, Anita :)

Jean said...

So very pretty!