"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Tuesday, October 1, 2019

Guesting at Color Throwdown!

Hey everyone!  I'm super excited to announce that I will be guest designing with one of my favorite challenges, Color Throwdown, for the entire month of October!  YAY!   The hostess for this week's challenge is Broni and she is kicking off the month with a fun color combo of purple, lavender, orange or green that would be perfect for Halloween cards, but I decided to go with a more fall idea.  There is a stamp and die set that Reverse Confetti recently released that features a pumpkin decorated with beautiful florals.  I don't own that set (yet, lol!) so I decided to create my own version using the large pumpkin image from the A Jillian Vance Design Autumn Pumpkin stamp set and flowers from the Dear Daisy stamp set.  I stamped the pumpkin on watercolor paper and then heat embossed it in gold.   I did the same for the flower images.  I used my Gansai Tambi watercolors to color the pumpkin orange and then the flowers in purple and lavender.  My lavender is more toward the blue end, but that is okay as you don't have to match the colors in the inspiration photo perfectly.   Since the only green I had was in the leaves I added some to the ground that I created around my pumpkin.  When the panel was dry I die cut it with the largest AJVD Stitched Dot rectangle.  I trimmed out the flowers and leaves that I needed and then arranged them on the pumpkin.  I stamped the sentiment (from the AJVD Hello Fall set) in VersaFine Vintage Sepia and then adhered the card to a kraft cardstock base.    The current Paper Players challenge is a fall themed tic-tac-toe and my card fits perfectly in the fall, pumpkin, die cut row so I will be posting it there, as well.



Here is all the information regarding playing along with this week's Color Throwdown challenge:

Once you’ve finished your card or other paper-crafted project, add a direct link to your creation using the Inlinkz tool at the bottom of the Color Throwdown post. And, don’t forget to use the keyword CTD563 if you upload your project to an online gallery, or hashtag on social media with #ctd563 and/or #colorthrowdown.  

Challenge guidelines are in the right sidebar on the Color Throwdown Challenge Blog in case you have any questions.

The rest of the team...

Barbara Anders - Paper Pursuits
Broni Holcombe - Splashes of Watercolor
Lori Tecler - Inking Aloud
 Wanda Cullen - Cullen-ary Creations
 Jodi Collins- Stamping a Latte
Lynn Putt- The Queens Scene 
Amy Rysavy - Prairie Paper & Ink
 Amy Rohl - Ink About Me

Thanks for stopping by today and I hope that you will take the time to play along with Color Throwdown!

6 comments:

Greta said...

They are so lucky to have you, Rosemary! It's obvious you love the CTD challenge from all your wonderful entries! However, this one may be my favorite--totally love what you did!

Claire Broadwater said...

Congratulations on your new DT position! Your pumkin is beautiful and all those purple blooms just pop. Thank you for joining us at The Paper Players this week! XX

Lisa Elton said...

Congratulations Rosemary, it's well deserved! This is just as pretty as can be!!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Congratulations Rosemary on the guest spot at CTD - I love the addition of the purple flowers to your beautiful pumpkin. So pleased it works for our TTT board too. Thanks for sharing with us over at The Paper Players this week!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Congrats, Rosemary! Have fun Guest Designing for CTD in October! Just love your pumpkin with the pretty floral clusters!!

Anita in France said...

Your colouring and shading is just lovely, Rosemary .. a fabulous scene! Congratulations on your month long GD spot! Hugs, Anita :)