"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Sunday, January 24, 2021

hearts and leaves...

 Hello!  Hope everyone had a nice weekend.  I'm popping in with two more cards to share.  First up is a card for the current Inspired By challenge.    The inspiration photo is all about hearts and so I went with hearts, as well.  I fiddled around with a background for the hearts I die cut from a gingham type patterned paper, a woodgrain patterned paper and some silver metallic cardstock.    I finally decided to try doing to dry brushing with acrylic paint.  It took me a couple of tries to get the look I was going for.  I used some off white textured cardstock so that the background has a sort of woodgrain look to it.  Once I had that piece finished I die cut it with a small rectangle die from Spellbinders.   The hearts were die cut with Stitched Dot hearts from A Jillian Vance Design.  I die cut additional woodgrain patterned paper with the largest Spellbinders rectangle die and layered that on a cardstock base made from the same cardstock that I used for my dry brushed background piece.  The hearts were arranged on the smaller rectangle along with a sentiment from A Jillian Vance Design that I heat embossed in white on vellum die cut with an AJVD banner die.   



The second card is for the last challenge at CAS(E) this Sketch.  I took some license with the sketch, but hopefully you can see the over all idea of the sketch in my card.   I have the Simon Says Stamp Stronger Together stamp set and there is a long image in the set that I have never been able to use because I didn't have a stamp positioning tool big enough to use it.  Now I do... yay!  I stamped the image using Memento Bamboo Leaves ink and then colored the leaves with four shades of green Copic Markers.  The sentiments were also stamped with Bamboo Leaves, trimmed out and adhered to the panel once it was die cut with a Spellbinders rectangle die.   As a finishing touch I stamped the little heart, added some Nuvo Crystal Drops in Morning Dew to the heart and a few sequins in green and gold.   



Thanks for stopping by and have a lovely day!

10 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

You've captured our inspiration photo perfectly, Rosemary! Your card is as cute as can be. Thanks for joining us this week. I adore you CTS card. Those little vines and your CAS design are a perfect match!

Greta said...

Sweet Valentine card, but oh my goodness--that second card is just wonderful! Your coloring is fabulous & I love the little heart!

Cindy C. said...

Wonderful projects, I especially like the second one!

Silke Ledlow said...

Two beautiful cards! Love them both...you nailed the inspiration challenge card for sure! Thank you for playing along!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Two gorgeous cards, Rosemary! Love the hearts, of course, but that leafy take on the sketch is stunning!!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I love the rustic look of your first card with the red Rosemary, a fabulous card. Your second is just amazingly put together, love the CAS of this card, It has huge impact.
Faith x

TK said...

Very pretty! I especially like the green leaves -- fantastic coloring

I Card Everyone said...

I recognized our Sketch right away, Rosemary! Your rendition is just exquisite!
Thanks for playing cards with us so many times over the years!
I'm so happy you'll continue to share your creations at Inspired By - LOve your happy heart day card!
=]

Janet a.k.a. swanlady21 said...

Love your leaves on the second card. So light and lovely.

Danni Reid said...

Both cards are perfectly designed and colored, such gorgeous creations as always! I love your style and attention to detail. Thank you for inspiring us this week @IB!