"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Friday, January 27, 2023

sylvan hello...

 Hey there!   Popping in with a card that will be heading to the Altenew January inspiration challenge, as well as the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge.   I haven't participated in an Altenew challenge in a very long time for various reasons.  But I have decided that this year I will try to participate more so that I can use the Altenew products that I have.  For this card I used a new to me 3D embossing folder from Altenew called Sylvan Baroque.  


When I purchased this embossing folder I specifically had in mind the idea to emboss the image using watercolor cardstock and then watercolor it.  I think for my first try at this technique it came out fairly well.  I used my Jane Davenport watercolors and tried to take my time in order to get a good result.  I did try to uses colors from the color palette, but in a more softer tone.  Once the panel was dry I trimmed it down and added it to a ivory cardstock base.  The sentiment is the Altenew Fancy Hello.  I die cut it from scrape cardstock and from Simon Says Stamp glossy black cardstock, adhered them together and then added it to my card front.   Sometimes simple is the best, right?


Thanks for stopping by and have a lovely day!


5 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Rosemary! You aced the watercoloring and I love the fancy hello!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A Stunning card Rosemary, the embossing and colouring is spot on with gorgeous colour mix. Love it.
Faith x

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

What a beauty, Rosemary - love your watercoloring with the jumbo HELLO!!

TK said...

Beautiful! I adore adding dimensional coloring to the 3d folders, they look so amazing

Greta said...

Really love your watercoloring!