"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Friday, June 16, 2023

simple stripes

 Hello!  Look at me posting for the third time this week, lol!  I have been spending more time making cards and a little less time cross-stitching!   I had cards to make for my mom and my niece graduated from high school on June 14th.  So I have been making birthday cards and graduation cards.  My niece is off to the Naval Academy on the 22nd of June.  So very proud of her!  My card today is a simple one that I made for Freshly Made Sketches and Color Throwdown.  Take a look.


If you are on Instagram you know that there are lots of Instagram hops and opportunities to win prizes.  I don't often participate in most of these hops because they can get a little confusing to me.   A few weeks ago a fellow Instagramer had an opportunity to win $25 gift certificates from Altenew.  I left a comment on her Instagram post and then forgot about it.  Well, I own!  So I used the certificate to pick up the Altenew gouache paints.  I wanted to try them out with something simple.  The Freshly Made Sketches layout was a perfect way for me to give them a try.   Thankfully the set had all the colors from the Color Throwdown combo.  After creating my strips of color I let the panel dry.  I used the Simon Says Stamp Fruitful Berries die set and cut the leaves from vellum and the berries from white cardstock.  I adhered the berries and then added Nuvo drops in Morning Dew.  Once the berries were dry I arranged the stems so I could stamp the sentiment in VersaFine Clair Nocturne ink.  I then adhered the stems in place with liquid adhesive.   Very simple, but I really like it.  Looking forward to trying out the paints on something more complex.



Thanks for stopping by and have a lovely day!


8 comments:

Kim S said...

I love the bold stripes and your use of the vellum sprigs on top of them! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

TK said...

Perfect use of your new winnings for those stripes! Love the simplicity of the flower on top - very nice, Rosemary, and congrats on the winning!

Lori said...

Beautiful design! Love how the colored stripes set off the delicate vellum die cut. Thanks for joining us for this week's Color Throwdown!

Wanda Cullen said...

Such vivid colors using the gouache paints! Love your sweet CAS design! Thanks for playing along with us at CTD!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

So gorgeous with the color wash trio and sprig, Rosemary!!

Amy O said...

What a sweet and pretty clean card! I love the gorgeous colors! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Greta said...

Just love the look of this perfect, CAS card! Wow--going to the Naval Academy is quite the accomplishment! Good for her!

Jen Timko said...

These paints look perfect for a card like this. Bold and so pretty! So glad you joined us this week at FMS!