"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Saturday, August 19, 2023

thankful to know you...

 Hello!  Hope everyone survived the heat.  We didn't have it too bad here in the south Puget Sound region of Washington state, but it was still a little too warm for my liking.    With things being too hot for me I did a lot of cross stitching and a little bit of card making.  Put together this card for Freshly Made Sketches and Color Hues.


I still seem to be in a bit of a creative slump when it comes to making cards.  I think I need to take a little time off to clean up my crafty space and do some long overdue purging.   I have a couple of things to share over the next two weeks so I may try to just limit myself to that.  We shall see, though, lol!   I used a cute little sunflower die set that I got as freebie in my most recent Scrapbook.com order.  Thought it was perfect to use for the Color Hues combo and the FMS layout.   After diecutting all the elements I needed I tried to figure out how I was going to put things together.  At first I had a cardbase in the same red I used for the flower centers that I was going to layer a white panel onto.  Didn't like that so I tried embossing the white cardstock.  Still didn't like it.  Tried the embossed panel on a white cardstock base and that was a big NOPE, too!  Finally decided to find some patterned paper and pulled out this red polka dot.  Trimmed it down to size and then placed it on my white cardbase with all the other elements.  Yep, that was going to work.  Adhered everything in place and then added the sentiment and a yellow twine bow.  My card is pretty clean and simple so I will also add it to the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge



Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!


11 comments:

TK said...

It may be clean and simple but it simply makes me smile - love the polka dot paper too

Nancy said...

I always loved polka dots and then also tags on cards, and this card has both! I love the Clean design, Rosemary! That sentiment is wonderful too. Thanks for joining us at Color Hues.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! What a wonderful card, love the flowers and the red dots, great colour mix.
Faith x

Lisa Elton said...

You had me with the polka dots! This is cuteness CAS, Rosemary!

Stef Perry said...

I so get your angst about periodic cardmaking droughts, but you seem to have emerged quite well with this fun card, Rosemary! Like Nancy, I love both polka dots and tags, so your ultimate design is fabulous in my opinion! Thanks so much for going joining us a Color Hues!

Julie B said...

Your choice of the polka dots is just perfect and such a pretty free daisy die too. Thanks for being inspired by the Color Hues duo! :)

Karen said...

Like my DT teammates, I'm smitten with the cute sunflower tag on the red polka-dot background! It's a perfect combination! Thanks for joining us at Color Hues!

Kim S said...

LOVE your sunflowers and bright polka dots. There's so much detail in this card yet still so clean and fresh! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Glad you hung in there, Rosemary - this turned out so perfect with the white tag atop the dotted paper!! Love those jumbo flower centers too!!

Cécile RIBON said...

What a pretty card, those flowers are so sweet. Thanks so much for joining us at FMS this week.

Greta said...

Really delightful card! Wonderful use of the sketch!