"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Saturday, September 2, 2023

sympathy...

Hello!  Hope all is well in your world.  Popping in to share a card that I created for Color Throwdown.  I will also be posting it to the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge of anything goes.   I have been making a half-hearted attempt to get a handle on things in my crafty space.  However, what keeps happening is I'm finding things that I purchased in the past and have never used... Yikes!   Today's card features one of those newly found products.  Take a look at what I made.


I was going to try to make a card that used the sketch from Freshly Made Sketches and so I thought I would go through my PTI products to find the background die you see.  It is Border Bling:  Blooming Hearts.   As I was going through things, I found PTI's Into the Blooms:  Fun Flowers.  I had purchased it a long time ago, but never used it.  So, I decided to remedy that situation on the spot!   So, I started by die cutting all the piece from white cardstock and then I inked up the flowers in a light pink and a darker more magenta pink.  The leaves and stems were inked in a bright green.  Then everything came to a halt until the next day.  The I layered all the pieces and started figuring out my arrangement.  Then another work stoppage ensued until Saturday afternoon (September 2nd) when I finally finished the darn card, lol!   I finished the card with a sentiment from the PTI Just Sentiments:  With Sympathy set, pink Nuvo drops to the centers of the flowers and the little white twine bow.   


Thanks for stopping by and have a lovely day!


6 comments:

Greta said...

It's beautiful! Good thing you found the unused goodies!

Lisa Elton said...

How did I miss that die with the little hearts... it's cute! So glad you finally put it to use with those pretty little flowers. Sweet card, Rosemary!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

What a beautiful find Rosemary. I think we are all guilty of a must have purchase and then forgetting about them. I'm so glad you found the beautiful frame, your flowers in the centre are gorgeous, a lovely use of the colours making fabulous card.
Faith x

Broni said...

So beautiful, Rosemary! Thanks for playing along at the Color Throwdown this week!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Such a pretty, delicate bouquet, Rosemary - love it!! And I'm doing the same thing - trying to wrangle my crafty stash and suddenly find myself creating something instead of cleaning up!!

TK said...

Rosemary, this is absolutely gorgeous! Love your colors but also the flowers and "to die for" background die -- simply stunning