"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Saturday, September 7, 2024

stenciled cards...

 Hey there!  I'm stopping in to share two cards that feature stenciling.  One card is for the current Color Throwdown challenge and the other is for the current Sunday Stamps and Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenges.  First up in the card for Color Throwdown.


I love to cross-stitch and I like to stitch on cards, too, so when I saw the Waffle Flower Winter Floral stencil and stitching die set I had to get it.   I thought the colors for the current CTD would be perfect for a non-traditional Christmas card and I was right.  I love how this turned out.  I used distress oxide inks in Peacock Feathers, Wilted Violet and Mowed Lawn for the stenciling.  Per instructions from Waffle Flower I used the stitching die first before stenciling.  Once the stenciling was done I went through my extensive collection of "fancy floss" and found three colors that worked well with the inks I used.  Fancy floss is different from regular embroidery floss in that it is dyed so that there the floss color is variegated.  You can see the variegation the most in the purple fancy floss I used.   I love how it looks.  Once the stitching was done I adhered the card to a light gray cardstock base and then added the pre-printed sentiment that is also from Waffle Flower.  One more Christmas card for my stash!


For my next stenciled card I used a stencil set from Altenew called Daisy Craze.  I watched Jennifer McGuire make a card using the stencils and I loved the unique look so I decided to purchase the set.  I thought the colors for the Sunday Stamps challenge would be perfect and they are!  Let's have a look.


I used mainly Altenew inks for the stenciling.  I don't have any brown Altenew inks so I used a brown ink from Pinkfresh Studio for the flower centers.  I love how bright and happy this card is.  The perfect way to show someone a little gratitude!  After stenciling I die cut the panel down and adhered it to a light gray cardstock base.  The sentiments are from a Simon Says Stamp set called Cozy Autumn Hugs that I got in the fall of last year.  Looking forward to using this set this fall to create cards with!  I stamped those in VersaFine CLAIR Nocturne ink and die cut them with the matching dies.  The top sentiment has two additional layers behind it and the bottom one a second layer to give them a little bit of dimension.  


That's it for me!  Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day.


9 comments:

stampwithamyk said...

Beautiful cards! Love the shades of yellow on your floral card! Thanks for joining us at Sunday Stamps, hope to see you again soon!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous stitched Christmas card in the non-traditional colors, Rosemary - love it!! Love the stenciled daisies too!!

TK said...

Two pretty cards, and the stitching adds a touch of fun to your first card. The second card is pretty fun all by itself!

Vickie Z said...

Two lovely cards!! I have not gotten into the stitching yet but, I love the CTD card with stitching!! So happy you joined us at CTD!!

Lisa Elton said...

The colors on your first card are so lovely with your fabulous stitching! I like the bits of blue peeking out on your second card. It echos the sky from the inspiration photo beautifully. Fabulous makes, Rosemary!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Gorgeous cards Rosemary, I admire your patience with the stitching and how beautiful it is with the bright colours. Your second card colour mix is so autumnal and beautiful. x

dj said...

Fantastic stenciling...I love this one done in fall colors!! Thanks for joining the fun and playing along with our "Autumn Hues" color challenge over at Sunday Stamps. Deb Horst, DT #SSC343

Greta said...

Absolutely gorgeous stitched card! That is a unique stencil and made a lovely card!

Annette Elliott said...

Wow, are these stenciled cards pretty! cross stitching too? So very impressive. Thanks for playing along with this weeks color challenge at Sunday Stamps!