"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Sunday, August 28, 2016

3 pumpkins...

Hey!!  Can't believe August is almost over!! Time flies when you are having fun, right??   I have been experiencing a lack of mojo again and this morning decided to do some watercoloring.  I have had this beautiful Penny Black stamp called "Pumpkins" for ages and have hardly used it (sadly I have too many stamps like that!!).  I decided to get it out and color it up with my ZIGS.   Stamped the image with Vintage Sepia and then colored the pumpkins with a combination of orange and yellow markers and a limited amount of water.  I have to say that I'm really, really pleased with how everything turned out!  The sentiment is from the AJVD Pretty Posies stamp set.  I decided to use the current Freshly Made Sketches layout for my card and so I will be adding it to that line up.  I wanted to use the entire colored image so I die cut the image using the second largest AJVD polka Dot rectangle die and then die cut the center using the largest Spellbinders plain oval die.  A piece of patterned paper was die cut using the largest polka dot rectangle die as a mat for the water colored piece.   After everything was layered I added the die cut oval using foam dimensionals to give it a bit more height.  Some clear Wink of Stella was brushed on the pumpkins as well.  I have included a cropped image that shows the Wink of Stella.


Thanks for stopping by today... and would love to know what you think!

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI Fresh Snow linen, Ranger watercolor; Patterned paper:  My Mind's Eye Howdy Doody; Stamps:  Penny Black and AJVD; Dies:  AJVD and Spellbinders; Inks:  VersaFine; Watercolor medium:  ZIG clean color markers

9 comments:

Greta said...

I've never seen that stamp & boy do I love it--at least done up with your talent, my friend! Your coloring is fabulous & once again you've made a sketch shine! Winner in my book!

HJ said...

What beautiful coloring. These pumpkins look real. Beautiful card. TFS

Karren said...

This is fabulous, Rosemary! Your coloring is superb and the way you've carried the image over two panels is so clever! It's great to see you at FMS as one of our regular players.

Lisa Elton said...

I see no lack of mojo here Rosemary! This is warm and charming. Your pumpkins are beautifully colored!!

TK said...

Beautiful card -- so perfect for the sketch!

Kelly S. said...

Love the way you colored the image and have it popped up in the center...a fabulous take on the sketch!

Rita W said...

I wish my lack of mojo looked like this. It's so beautiful! :) Thanks for playing with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Anita in France said...

Beautiful colouring, Rosemary ... these pumpkins really are stunning ... and even more fabulous with that yummy shimmer! Don't think Monsieur Mojo has gone far! Hugs, Anita :)

Lisa Lara said...

Gorgeous Rosi! I love those pumpkins and love the cut out oval.