"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Monday, August 15, 2016

hello, gorgeous...

Hey friends!!!  Back from my vacation to the Washington coast and trying to get back into paper crafting mode... boy is it hard!!  I loved waking up every morning and taking a walk along the beach and seeing all the sites, but I'm glad to be home!   Playing along with a couple of challenges:  Color Throwdown (which closes in mere hours!!) and Essentials by Ellen Mix It Up challenge.  I wasn't going to play along with this month's Mix It Up challenge because I don't own anything Winnie & Walter, but thanks to my sweet friend, Greta, I was able to get something made... YAY!  Greta offered to send me some of die cuts using her Winnie & Walter "hello" die and I immediately said "yes!!"  I paired the hello up with some die cuts from the EE Bold Blossoms stand alone die set and a sentiment from the EE Hello, Gorgeous stamp set.  After stacking and gluing several hellos together I colored one with a yellow ZIG and then carefully blended out the yellow to create an ombre effect.  I die cut the large flower from Bold Blossoms from light aqua cardstock and the leaves from light green.  I adhered the leaves together and they layered them with the flower.  The stacked hello was layered on top and then I carefully stamped the sentiment in Onyx Black ink.  Some Pretty Pink Posh sparkly clear sequins were added to cover up some boo-boos!  


Thanks for stopping by today... thought I would share a few pictures I took last week.  The first photo is of the Oregon coast taken at the jetty at Ft. Stevens state park.  The views of the Pacific were amazing and all the more so because the sun had come out!   We were staying in Long Beach, WA which is very close to Oregon so we spent several days making trips to Oregon to visit Canon Beach, Tillamook and the area around Astoria.  Ft. Stevens is just outside Astoria.
This next photo was taken at Cape Disappointment state park in Washington.  When we got to the park it was rather cool and cloudy, but as we were walking up to the Cape Disappointment lighthouse the sun came out.  We came around a bend in the trail and this beautiful little cove came into sight.  Just had to take a picture!  Cape Disappointment State Park is about 5 miles from Long Beach.  If you go to Long Beach definitely head to Cape Disappointment State Park. 

As is typical on the Washington coast our weather was rather spotty.  Most of the time it was cloudy most of the day and so capturing a sunset is pretty hard.  Finally on Thursday the weather cleared up and I was able to get some photos of the sun setting on the Pacific from the boardwalk at Long Beach, WA.  The condos we were staying at were just a short walk from the beach and the boardwalk.   My little guy, Gabriel, was with me and he was absolutely captivated by the way the sun seemed to slowly sink into the Pacific.



Supplies:  Cardstock: white, aqua, light green and light grey; Stamps:  Essentials by Ellen; Dies:  Winnie & Walter, Essentials by Ellen; Inks:  VersaFine; ZIG clean color marker; Pretty Pink Posh sparkling clear sequins

12 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Welcome back!! What a perfectly delightful CAS card!! How nice of Greta to send you the die cuts, she's a sweetheart!! I use bling to cover boo boos ALL the time LOL, works like a charm!!

Jodi Collins said...

F-A-B-U-L-O-U-S card! LOVE your layout and design, and the ombre treatment on the "hello". LOVE!

Lisa Lara said...

Oh I love love love this card Rosi. I just love how you used the dies and color combo. Glad you had a great vacay. I love your photos. Beautiful.

Karen Davis said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I love the sequins on the Hello.

Lori said...

Beautiful! Love the ombre look of the die cut word. Thanks for joining us at The Color Throwdown!

TK said...

Beautiful photos; fun card!

Martha said...

OH MY goodness, Rosemary, this is simply gorgeous! I love how you used the "hello" die-cuts and pretty colors. FABulous design! You ROCK!

Welcome back. Love your vacation photos.

Greta said...

So glad you got the die cuts in time--what a gorgeous card, Rosemary! The ombre done with the Zig is great & I love the Bold Blossoms cut from colored cardstock--gotta do that next! Your pictures are incredible & show what a gorgeous part of the world we live in! We used to camp every year at Fort Stevens--brings back memories!

Karren said...

The ombre hello looks fabulous against that gorgeous backdrop you've created! And your holiday pics are beautiful!

Sue McIsaac said...

Great card! Thanks for sharing.

Viv said...

Super card Rosie, love the colour choice and pretty dies. What great photo's here too, looks as if you had a great time away ;)hugs Viv xx

Anita in France said...

Hello gorgeous, indeed, Rosemary ... what a fabulous card ... lovely delicate die cut blooms ... and that delicious zesty yellow hello ... yum! Stunning photo's ... sounds as though you had a wonderful time amid all that amazing scenery! Bon weekend! Hugs, Anita :)