"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Friday, August 5, 2016

go with the flow...

Hello friends!!!   Happy Friday!!  Lisa and I are continuing our little challenge revolving around CASology.  This week the cue word this week is watercolor.  I have been having so much fun watercoloring with my ZIG clean color markers that I was definitely up for this particular challenge.  Lisa and I will be taking a little break from the challenge next week as I will be away for a little vacation with my boys down on the Washington coast.   With our impending trip to the coast (and the fact that I live super close to Puget Sound!) water has been on my mind a lot lately, lol!   When I saw the cue word I immediately thought of the underwater themed stamp and die set that I got from Hero Arts as part of their July My Monthly Hero kit.  I checked last night to see what the new colors were going to be from Color Throwdown and I got to work.  I was a little surprised when I checked the new Freshly Made Sketches layout to see that it was so similar to what I had done last night when I started working on my card.   Don't you just love it when that happens??  I started by stamping a coral and jellyfish image on some watercolor cardstock with VersaMark watermark ink, applied clear embossing powder and then heat set.  When I saw the Color Throwdown  combo I interpreted the aqua color as being closer to blue than green so hopefully this will still work for the Color Throwdown team.  I scribbled a light blue ZIG marker on to my cardstock over the areas when I had stamped the images and then blended it out with clean water and a small paint brush.  Once I got the look I was going for I let my panel dry.  The octopus image from the set was stamped on white cardstock using kraft colored ink and then die cut with the matching die.  I stamped the sentiment on a thin strip of cardstock and wrapped it with some thin brown twine.   I trimmed down my watercolor panel and the adhered the octopus and the sentiment strip.  Adhered some kraft cardstock panel to my card base and then the main panel.   A few little star sequins were added and I was finished.   

Thanks for stopping by today... I so enjoy reading your comments!


Supplies:  Cardstock:  SSS fog, PTI kraft, Ranger watercolor; Stamps and dies:  Hero Arts; Inks:  VersaMark watermark, VersaFine Onyx Black; Watercoloring medium:  ZIG clean color marker (blue); Star sequins; burlap twine

10 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Your watery background is lovely! The octopus is just perfect lazily drifting by! Glad you joined us at FMS!

Greta said...

Super cute card, Rosemary--I love the addition of the star sequins! I've yet to successfully use my Zigs for a background, but I want to try again as yours looks wonderful!

Lisa Lara said...

Soooooooooooooooooooooooo cool Rosi!

Lisa Elton said...

I never thought of an octopus as being cute, but you made this one cute!! Your background is perfect and I love the twine treatment. I need to remember that one!!

Amy O said...

I love that pretty blue background, and the sentiment makes me smile. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Viv said...

Another super card Rosie, lovely watercolouring too here ;) Viv xx

Martha said...

Rosemary, this is so dreamy! I love the image against that pretty blue background! The stars and twine are the perfect finishing touches. Beautifully done!

Amy Rohl said...

Love your design and the mix of elements! This is my kinda card. Thank you for playing along with this week's Color Throwdown!

Tracey McNeely said...

Pretty watercoloured background Rosemary, aren't ZIG addictive once you start using them? Thank you for sharing with us at CASology this week!

Broni said...

What an awesome card! I love it!! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at the Color Throwdown!