"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Monday, August 1, 2016

you've been amazing...

Hey friends!!  Another beautiful day here in the Pacific Northwest.   After some fun in the sun at the beach this afternoon I'm popping in with a little card that I made using the current sketch from My Favorite Things.  I also going to add this to the guest designer call that Ellen Hutson is having for their challenges (They are asking you to combine Essentials by Ellen products with products from other brands they carry.  I'm using MFT products) and the current AAA Card challenges to use stitching (faux or real... mine is faux).  I had been doing some coloring with my ZIGS, again, and after I finished up that project (you can see it here) I decided to color up a few butterflies from the EE Up the Happy set.  After the butterflies were colored and dried I over stamped them with VersaMark watermark ink, applied iridescent embossing powder and heat set.   Wasn't sure what I was going to do with them, but then I thought one would be perfect for the MFT sketch challenge.  I die cut some watercolor cardstock using the MFT Inside Out Stitched Rectangles and then stamped the small cloud from Up the Happy that had been colored with a blue ZIG marker.  I then used clean water and a brush to color the cloud.   A second cloud was stamped and colored using the same method.  Once the cloud was dry I die cut it with the matching die.  The sentiment is from the MFT Amazing stamp set and was stamped using VersaFine Onyx Black.  The word amazing (also from MFT) was die cut from white cardstock and watercolor cardstock.   The watercolor word was colored with the same blue ZIG that I used to color the clouds.  Once that was dry I stacked the words and adhered the word as you see.  I added the second cloud and butterfly to the upper corner of the sentiment panel.  To finish things off I die cut some light grey cardstock using a Rectangle die to frame up the sentiment panel and then adhered everything to a white cardstock base. 



Thanks for stopping by today... would love to know what you think!


Supplies:  Cardstock:  white, SSS fog, Ranger watercolor; Stamps:  Essentials by Ellen and My Favorite Things; Dies:  Essentials by Ellen and My Favorite Things; Inks:  VersaFine and VersaMark; watercolor medium:  ZIG clean color markers; Iridescent embossing powder

9 comments:

Martha said...

Rosemary, this is simply beautiful. I love the CAS design and the pretty colors.

(My vote is for you. Ellen Hutson should be contacting you soon!)

So glad you are having some lovely weather. PLEASE send some of it my way. :-)

sandie said...

I love this CAS design and your zig colouring is superb. Thanks for joining AAA

Jane said...

Beautiful shading on your blue elements and I love the pop of contrasting pink. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards.

Greta said...

I'll be shocked if EH doesn't pick you! I can see you're glad to have the Zigs as you're coloring beautifully with them!

TK said...

Beautiful card, love those awesome colors!

Lisa Lara said...

I love how you colored your sentiment and clouds Rosi.

Lisa Elton said...

This looks like a clear bright summer day Rosemary!! Your watercolored sentiment is terrific. Pretty card!!

Ceal said...

Super cute! thanks for sharing with us at AAA Cards!

Laurel Beard said...

VERY NICE! Love the watercoloring on your project! If you'll take a look at the guest call, it did ask for submissions not to be combined with other challenges tho! Did you add your project to the other challenges you linked to by chance?