"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Tuesday, August 30, 2016

happy birthday wishes...

Hello!!  After being mojo-less for the last week or so I seem to have gotten a little bit of it back after I made the card I posted the other day (you can scroll down or click here to see it).  I had wanted to make a card for the current Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge of  "its hip to be square" and so I combined it with the current CAS on Sunday challenge of balloons to create my card.  I recently purchased a My Mind's Eye Hooray bundle from Peachy Cheap that included a package of fun die cuts including several balloons and so I used one for my card.  The scalloped and plain squares were die cut from some of the paper from the Hooray 6x6 pad using Spellbinders dies.  The sentiment is from the Simon Says Stamp set Celebrate.  I laid the striped square on my mini MISTI, placed the sentiments how I wanted then, close the lid to my MISTI and then inked up everything for perfect placement stamping!  Love that!!  Since this card uses die cutting and SSS products I also included it in the current SSS flickr challenge to "cut it out".  I love that this card took next to no time to make thanks to the die cuts!   Going to add this to the current City Crafter challenge of birthdays.


Hope you have a wonderful day...


Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI vintage cream; PP:  My Mind's Eye; Die cut:  My Mind's Eye; Stamps:  Simon Says Stamp; Dies:  Spellbinders; Ink:  VersaFine Onyx Black

6 comments:

Greta said...

What a neat balloon die cut--fun, festive card, Rosemary!

Lin said...

Love the scallops and stripes that show off your balloons so well, Rosemary! So glad you took the time to enter our square challenge at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

Lisa Elton said...

This is just about as sweet as it gets!! Love the polka dot scallops peaking out all around and that super cute balloon bouquet!

Lisa Lara said...

I absolutely love this sweet card Rosi!

Ros Crawford said...

Great card! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!

Anita in France said...

Fun, celebratory and so cute, Rosemary ... those scalloped polka dots make such a fabulous frame to show off those brilliant balloons! Hugs, Anita :)