"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Thursday, August 25, 2016

bountiful blessings... pti august blog hop

Hello!!! Playing along today with this month's PTI blog hop.  Nichole provided a lovely inspiration piece that had my thoughts going in all kinds of directions.  I really wanted to play off of the way the paint palette looked and so tried an idea that unfortunately totally bombed, lol!  But that is why we try things, right?  Since I had to take my little guy (seriously I think I have to stop saying that... he isn't that little anymore, lol!) to swim lessons on Wednesday (the day before the hop)evening and I still had to make dinner my crafting time was limited.  So I went with an idea that I think turned out nicely.  When I looked at the inspiration photo I saw the colors of coral, dark yellow and navy blue.  I used Abandoned Coral and, Fossilized Amber distress inks and navy blue cardstock.  The PTI stamps I used are from the Brushed Off stamp set and the new Color Pop Autumn mini make it market kit.  The brushed off image was stamped in Abandoned color on watercolor cardstock and then blended out with water.  I did that to provide some of the depth of color that you see in the inspiration photo.   I added some additional color by stamping several of the detail leaf images from the Color Pop Autumn and blending them out with water.  The word "bountiful" was die cut from navy cardstock three times and adhered together.  The watercolor panel was then die cut with the largest die from the Inside Out die set and a second was die cut from kraft cardstock to provide a little bit of a mat.  I wanted to bring in the silver from the paintbrushes and so I added a coil of silver thread to the panel and then adhered the die cut word on top.  Finished off by adding the sentiment "blessings" in black ink. 

Thanks for stopping by today...


Supplies:  Cardstock: PTI kraft and Fine Linen, Ranger watercolor, Simon Says Stamp navy; Stamps and dies:  PaperTrey Ink; Inks:  Ranger and VersaFine; Silver Thread:  Coates & Clark

27 comments:

DIANA L. said...

Great take on the sketch. The use of the bold word art is fabulous Have a blessed day
DIANA L.

DL.ART DESIGN TEAM MEMBER
DL.ART crinkle ribbon
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com
http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com

Nancy Penir said...

Beautiful watery bg, and those golden leaves look real enough to pluck off your card! Love, love, love the look of 'bountiful' floating across the water!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, I love this, Rosemary! Gorgeous background and card! Wonderful take on the inspiration photo!

Jacquie Southas said...

Your colors flow perfectly, Rosemary! Love the leaves!

Julia Aston said...

Such pretty water coloring on your panel Rosemary - love the boldness of the die cut sentiment!

karen h said...

Gorgeous! Love the angled layers and wonderful colors. The background is amazing.

Greta said...

Wow, wow, wow! Your stamping is just amazing, my friend! I adore this gorgeous card! Well, I didn't see yellow or navy--always hard for me to tell what colors are on the computer. Oh well, my card looks totally different, so that's OK. Better get it posted. Stay cool--expecting high 90s today here & I know it's going to be hot up your way, too.

Kerian said...

Awesome.....

Karen said...

Just lovely! I purchased this set, but it's still wrapped in tissue paper; your card is an inspiration.

Linda said...

Beautiful take on the challenge, Rosemary.

Diana K said...

Love how you used the Brushed Off set to create that gorgeous background - why don't I ever think of things like that?!! And using just a few of the leaf detail image stamps is so ethreal and artistic. I love this card!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Pretty, pretty, so pretty!

Sadie said...

Your card is so soft and lovely! love how you captured the colors. So Pretty!!

A Cup of Cold Water said...

Really pretty. Great representation of the inspiration photo.

Lisa Elton said...

Oh I can just smell autumn in the air with those pretty golden yellow leaves of yours!! Fabulous card Rosemary!!

Karren said...

Wow, this is just gorgeous! Perfect use of the inspiration pic and a great choice of colors.

Colleen said...

Amazing card, rosemary!!

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

love that soft background!

Martha said...

OH, Rosemary, this is simply gorgeous! The die-cut sentiment is striking against that lovely background. FABulous take on the inspiration photo!

jen said...

I love your take on the inspiration- the background stamping blended out is great!

Vikki H said...

Wow! what a gorgeous interpretation of the photo! Your design is wonderful!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Such a pretty card Rosemary. The colors are wonderful... and I love the combination of water colored look and stamping... the die-cut word looks perfect on the pretty background.

Viv said...

Such a pretty card Rosie, love the colours and that great stamping, love the die too. Still hot here, shouldn't complain really though ;) hugs Viv xx

maria f. said...

Just beautiful, Rosemary. I love those colors and the softness you achieved. That die cut is fabulous!

Connie MacFarlane said...

Beautiful! Love the pretty backdrop you created for the great die cut sentiment. Great take on the inspiration.

Lisa Lara said...

I just love that word die and the beautiful leaves in the background Rosi.

Anita in France said...

Wow, Rosemary ... how gorgeous ... the softly blended out colours are so dreamy ... a perfect backdrop for that lovely die cut sentiment! Hugs, Anita :)