"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Friday, July 31, 2020

difficult time...

Hello!  Popping in with one of those cards that no one really wants to make... a sympathy card.  One of my very dear friends lost her brother-in-law to COVID-19.  He was a 30 year veteran of the Las Vegas police department and was well respected.  I'm just so sad for my friend and her husband who just lost his big brother.  I used the color combo from Color Throwdown as it was more masculine and lent itself to a sympathy type card.  I used the Altenew Mini Delight: Strength stamp set for the feathers and a sentiment from the Altenew Starry Flowers stamp set.  I found an ink that was close to terracotta to stamp the tip of the feathers after stamping them with VersaFine CLAIR Nocturne ink.  The terracotta ink is from Hero Arts, but I don't know what it is called as it is in cube form and there is no name on it.  The layout is from CAS(E) this Sketch.  I die cut white cardstock using a stitched dot rectangle from A Jillian Vance Design and then stamped the sentiment.   To create the split look from the sketch I embossed lines on either side of the sentiment.  I adhered the panel to a light gray cardstock base with foam tape and then adhered the feathers.  Adding this to the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge of anything goes.



Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

10 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

So sad for your friend, Rosemary! What a beautiful sympathy card with the falling feathers!!

Greta said...

I'm so sorry your friend is going through another loss. The 150,000 isn't just a number--it's real people & such a tragedy. Beautiful sympathy card, Rosemary. I love that it's unique & not fussy.

Kathy said...

A beautiful card for your friends living with this sad passing of their brother.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

This is a really beautiful sympathy card Rosemary. Such a difficult time for your friend, and so many others, dying from this awful virus.
Faith x

LeAnne said...

Love this card...the feathers work well with the CTD colors...I am sure your friend will appreciate your thoughts during their loss.

Lisa Elton said...

I love the wonderful simplicity of this Rosemary. It breaks my heart to hear of your friend's loss. She will feel the love that went into this.

TK said...

Beautiful, Rosemary. I hope they find peace in such a difficult time, and this card will bring comfort.

Anita in France said...

A beautiful, serene and calm way to show your love and support to your dear friend on their loss, Rosemary ... so comforting. Thanks for all your recent inspiration ... playing catch up at last! Hugs, Anita :)

Michal said...

Beautiful card... So sorry for your friend

donna mikasa said...

I’m so sorry for your friend’s loss. What a beautiful sympathy card and I love the simplicity of using feathers.