"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Tuesday, July 7, 2020

guesting at color throwdown!

Hey there!  Super excited to be guesting at one of my very favorite challenges:  Color Throwdown!  I love me a good color challenge and CTD has been the top color challenge out there for 601 challenges!   For my card today I used a lovely image from the Pinkfresh Studio Hanging Florals stamp set.  I decided that I wanted to use the image to create a wreath.  I stamped the image on smooth bristol cardstock with VersaFine CLAIR ink twice and let them dry.   After I had colored each image and cut one out with the matching die I realized that I should have die cut my pieces first and then stamped them.  I ended up ruining one of the colored images and had to start over.  Live and learn, right?   The images were colored with my ZIG markers and Polychromos color pencils.  I trimmed off the ends of the image that I did not need and then arranged the pieces on my die cut panel.   I used a sentiment from the Pinkfresh Studio Believe in Yourself stamp set and heat embossed it in black on vellum.  The vellum was trimmed into a strip and wrapped around the panel.   I'm also going to add this to the July Pinkfresh Studio inspiration challenge.  The challenge this month is summer and I think my brightly colored wreath just says summer!



Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

8 comments:

Anita in France said...

Fresh, vibrant and gorgeous, Rosemary ... and what a brilliant sentiment to go with that burst of yummy colour! Congratulations on your GD spot! Hugs, Anita :)

Greta said...

You know I love wreaths & that image made a gorgeous one, Rosemary! Your coloring with Zigs is fabulous!

Broni said...

This is absolutely gorgeous!! I love it so much! I'm so glad you are our Guest Star Stamper again!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh goodness, what a pretty wreath! And the vellum sentiment topping is wonderful. Congrats on guesting Rosemary, it's well deserved!

TK said...

More gorgeous flowers, I never get tired of the beauty you put in them!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Another stunning card from you Rosemary.
Take care
Faith x

Viv said...

Such a beautiful flowery wreath Rosie, great colouring too ;) hugs Viv xx

Lea Lawson said...

Beautiful florals & colors! Thanks for playing along with our July challenge!