"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Sunday, July 12, 2020

hello there

Well... hello there!   Hope everyone had a lovely weekend!  I attended my niece's bridal shower and had a nice time.  She is will be getting married in early September and is fortunate that her venue is moving forward with her wedding.   I did get time this morning/afternoon to make a card for several different challenges:  Fab Friday (sketch), Sunday Stamps (colors) and Inspired  By (inspiration).   When I saw the inspiration photo at Inspired By I immediately thought of the pineapple themed stamp sets and settled on one from Simon Says Stamp (no longer available) called One Cool Pineapple.  This set also includes a watermelon slice making it perfect for the inspiration.   I stamped the pineapple and watermelon slice on watercolor paper with VersaFine CLAIR Nocturne ink.  I filled in some of the gabs with a little flower from the set, as well.  I then did simple watercoloring with distress inks.  I used Mowed Lawn, Squeezed Lemonade, Fossilized Amber and Spiced Marmalade for the pineapples.   The watermelon slices were colored with Mowed Lawn and Picked Raspberry.   The little flowers were colored with Mermaid Lagoon.  Once the piece was dry I die cut it with a rectangle die.  I didn't want to cover up all the coloring that I had done so in order to keep with the Fab Friday sketch I die cut the smaller rectangle directly from the main rectangle.  I then adhered the main rectangle flush on my card base and popped up the smaller rectangle with foam tape.  The sentiment is from the SSS set called Hello Darling.  I heat embossed it with black embossing powder from WOW Embossing on vellum and then die cut it with a fishtail flag die.  That was adhered using rolled up glue dot so that the adhesive wasn't as noticeable.   A simple take on the sketch, but I like how things turned out!




Thanks for stopping by!  Hope you have a great week!

13 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Such a happy summer card, Rosemary!! You should link up to Kathy's 30 Day Coloring Challenge - fits perfectly!!

Lisa Elton said...

I love that the watermelon slices have a bite out of them! This is so cute Rosemary and the perfect set for our IB challenge. So happy you could join us this week!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I LOVE your bright happy card Rosemary. A Great design also. Funny thing I used a pineapple on a card I have just finished 10 minutes ago also. Great minds ay? LOL
Take care
Faith x

Heather said...

Goodness, what a bright and cheery card! Love your coloring of all this fun fruit! Thanks so much for playing at Fab Friday AND Sunday Stamps!

TK said...

Bright and fun, this one is awesome!

Greta said...

Fun, summery card with great coloring, Rosemary! I love the popped up rectangle of your colored panel!

I Card Everyone said...

I'm so happy to see both of the juicy fruits in that photo on your card, Rosemary! Stamped and colored beautifully - I couldn't have wasted a centimeter of it either!
Thanks so much for playing cards with us this week!
=]

Amanda Mertz said...

I love how you made your own patterned paper and then used the same thing for the top panel. Such a fun, bright card! Perfect for summer! Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!

Anita in France said...

Fresh, fruity and so much fun, Rosemary ... deliciously summery! Hugs, Anita :)

Kara Lynne said...

So fun and bright and summery! I love how you were inspired by those three challenges, and way to go in hiding that glue dot under your vellum!

Heidi Baks said...

Super bright & lovely! Thanks for joining Sunday Stamps this week.

Danni Reid said...

Could not love this more, fresh, bright, fun and perfect for summer, awesome card! Thank you for sharing with us @ IB this week, we can't wait to see more of your cards!

Claire Broadwater said...

Such a fun, vibrant card! Love how you used our color combo! All that fruit looks delicious! SO happy you joined us at Sunday Stamps!