"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Thursday, July 23, 2020

sunflower...

Hello!  The weekend is almost upon us!  I'm popping in with a card that I made for Color Throwdown and Freshly Made Sketches (I think you knew that one was coming, lol!).   I pulled out a very old stamp set from Flourishes Stamps that was illustrated by Marcella Hawley.   I have always loved the large sunflower from this image and have had it out on my desk for quite sometime.   When I saw Color Throwdown design team member Amy Rohl's card featuring a gorgeous sunflower I was inspired to finally use my sunflower stamp set.  I stamped the image in Memento Tuxedo Black ink and then colored very simply with Copic markers.  I used two shades of yellow for the petals, two shades of orange for the little ladybug and two shades of green for the leaf and stem.   Once I was done I die cut my cardstock with an A Jillian Vance Design stitched dot rectangle die and then adhered the panel to a white cardstock base.   I then used my Glimmer hot foil system to hot foil the sentiment using orange foil.  I die cut it with a slanted banner die from MFT.   I die cut some black cardstock using the same die, layered the two and adhered it to my card with foam tape.



Thanks for stopping by and have a lovely day!

9 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

I love your outside of the box take on the sketch! This is fabulous Rosemary!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love the jumbo sunflower for the sketch, Rosemary! Beautiful coloring too!!

Greta said...

Beautiful coloring & love the orange foiled sentiment, Rosemary!

tonyamaries said...

Great job! I love the hint of black under the sentiment!

TK said...

Sweet card, and pretty coloring, even if it is "simple".

Jen Mitchell said...

So bright and colorful. Sunflowers are a fave of mine. :) Thanks for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Wanda Cullen said...

I still have that stamp set from Flourishes...one of my faves! Thanks so much for this beautiful entry at CTD!

Vickie Z said...

Great use of the sketch and colors!, love that big ole’ sunflower!!

Broni said...

A sunflower is just perfect with these colors! So pretty!! Thanks so much for joining us at the Color Throwdown this week!