"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Tuesday, July 28, 2020

simple cards...

Hello!  Popping in with a couple of simple cards that I made for two different challenges.  The first card is for the current CAS(E) this Sketch challenge.  This card was really easy to put together because I used die cut pieces from the Spellbinders March 2020 card kit called Feeling Hoppy.  And right now Spellbinders is having a promotion where you can get past kits at a great price!  Simply click here to be taken to the sale or click on the banner below.   Scroll to the bottom of my post for another deal from Spellbinders!   The Feeling Hoppy kit is an Easter one, but I was able to find pieces that worked to create my little collage.  I die cut white cardstock using the largest stitched dot rectangle die from A Jillian Vance Design, adhered it to a white cardstock base and then added all my little pieces.   Love it when a card comes together so quickly!




The second card also uses something from Spellbinders.  This time I used two of the dies from the Amazing Paper Grace Fluted Tracery etched die set.  I had not used those two dies together before and when I saw the Paper Players sketch I had my opportunity.  I used some patterned paper from Moda Scrap that I have had for quite sometime to die cut the intricate rectangle.   This was accomplished by taping the two dies together and then die cutting the paper.  I then die cut two more pieces using a light weight white cardstock.  All three were adhered together.  I die cut the rectangle only to create a solid background for the intricate piece and adhered them together.  I die cut additional coordinating papers using dies from A Jillian Vance Design and adhered everything to a white cardstock base.   The sentiment is from Altenew and was stamped using VersaFine CLAIR Morning Mist ink.  I then die cut it with a banner die from MFT and adhered it to the card front.  Again, another simple card that came together quickly!


Finally Spellbinders is also offering a bundle of products valued at $175.00 for $40.00!  You will get stamps, dies, embossing folders and embellishments in each bundle.  Simply click on the banner below to grab your deal!


8 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Love the pretty lilac colors on your first card, it's darling! Your second card is soft and lovely! Two beauties Rosemary!

TK said...

Gorgeous! Love the CAS beauty on the first, but the second is oh so delicate and pretty too!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Two great takes on the sketches, Rosemary! Way to go finding things from an Easter kit for card one and I love the intricate coverplate on card two!!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Gorgeous gorgeous cards Rosemary.
Faith x

Greta said...

2 wonderful cards, Rosemary! I just love the first one which was simple for you, but I would never get put together right! The second is so beautiful with the intricate die cuts & gorgeous papers! Wow--tempting sales at Spellbinders!

Claire Broadwater said...

Gorgeous cards, Rosemary! The intricate die cuts are just so pretty! The color combo is so soft and serene, too! So happy you joined us at The Paper Players this week!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Two beautiful cards - I especially like the intricate diecut on the second one. Thanks for sharing with us over at The Paper Players this week!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Stunning cards! Thank you so much for joining us this week over at The Paper Players!