"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Saturday, July 18, 2020

golden sakura...

Hello!  Got some crafty time in and made a card for the two challenges that I pretty much always combine:  Color Throwdown and Freshly Made Sketches!    The FMS sketch is a square one and generally I don't like to make square cards (not sure why), but I decided to go with the square on the finished card.  I stamped the Essentials by Ellen Mondo Sakura on smooth bristol with VersaMark watermark ink and then embossed using WOW embossing powder in Metallic Gold Rich Pale and then colored with ZIG markers.  I used Pink Flamingo and Orange to create my peachy color.   And then finished with little touches green.  I will admit that I had to start over because I added little touches of color to the stamens and then die cut the image.  The little bit of color wasn't dry and it smeared on to the image.   Another live and learn, lol!  With the second image I didn't add the color to the stamens until after I had done the die cutting!  I created a background piece by scribbling two shades of blue ZIGs (Blue Hazel and Persian Blue) on some bristol cardstock and then blended it out with water.  After it had dried I die cut it with a Spellbinders classic square die.  The piece was adhered to an off white cardstock base and then I added the flower image.  Finished off the card by stamping the sentiment with VersaMark on vellum and heat embossing with the same embossing powder used for the image.  Sometimes simple is the best.  With my floral image I think this will also work for the current Inspired By challenge so I shall post it there, as well.




Thanks for stopping by and have a lovely day!

12 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Beautiful lilies, Rosemary! Just love your coloring and the large HELLO!! Perfect on a square card - I think we dislike them for the extra postage involved, although you can use a larger regular envelope...

Betty said...

so pretty - I'm not good at square cards either - like Linda don't like the extra postage.

Greta said...

I like square cards & this is a beauty, Rosemary! Perfect design for that wonderful image & I love your coloring!

Lisa Elton said...

There's a whole lot of pretty on this card!!

Linda Callahan said...

Wow those flowers are gorgeous! Beautiful card! Glad you shared it at FMS!

TK said...

Beautiful! Your coloring is fantastic and I love the beautiful tones

Anita in France said...

Just lovely, Rosemary ... that sakura looks as though it's glowing ... fabulous colouring! Hugs, Anita :)

Jacquie Southas said...

Just beautiful! Great use of the sketch and colors. Thanks for playing along with us at FMS this week!

Jen Brum said...

What a gorgeous card! I love those embossed flowers! They are so pretty! Beautiful background as well! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Broni said...

The Sakura is gorgeous embossed in gold and colored! What a beautiful card!! Thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown challenge this week!

Jen Timko said...

Just delightful! What a beautiful card. So glad you joined us this week at FMS!

Lyn said...

Adore this card, loving the gold and orangey tones they are stunning