"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Birthday Stars

The current City Crafters Challenge (CCCB 19) is to make a project incorporating stars.   Since my nephew is turning 10 soon, I thought I would make a birthday card for him using stars.  I got out my Hero Arts set "Galaxy of Stars", some papers from Fancy Pants (The Daily Grind) and some SU! inks and got to work.  I used the current sketch from Taylored Expressions (TESC126) for the layout. The sentiment is from the really cute WPlus9Design Studio set The Birds & The Bees.



Thanks for taking a peek... have a great day!

Supplies:  Cardstock:  Stampin Up! Pacific Point & Pumpkin Pie, PTI white; Ink:  SU! Pacific Point, Pumpkin Pie & Old Olive; Patterned Paper:  Fancy Pants - Daily Grind; SU! Word Window punch; Stamps:  Hero Arts Galaxy of Stars, WPlus9Design - The Birds & the Bees

15 comments:

Cindy said...

This is super cute, and so "Boy". The pops of orange with the blue are so fun.

Tiffany Ervin said...

Very fun and colorful, love the pop of orange and blues, makes for a great boy card indeed!

Arlene said...

Your nephew is going to love it. I do!

Barb said...

Love this cute card for a boy, Rosie! The color combo and stars are perfect!

Elise said...

My STARS this is a fabulous boy birthday card! It's electric and FESTIVE and truly celebratory of a fine "double digit" birthday - your nephew is going to LOVE it! {And if not, his MOM will!} hee hee Wonderful work, sweet Rose!

Ros said...

Lovely card Rosemary ... lovin' those stars! Thanks for joining us at CCCB

stampingandstitching said...

This is such a great birthday card, Rosemary! I love the design and the mix of colours and patterns! I'm sure your nephew will love it!

Unknown said...

so cute anyone would have a happy birthday receiving this card......thanks for joining us at the CCCB

Unknown said...

To Cute.. Thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

Dawn said...

This is too fricken fun girl! I love stars and don't use them nearly enough, thanks for the reminder and inspiration! ;o)

Karen said...

Now that looks like a terrific card for a ten year old boy! I love stars, up in the sky, on a stamp, on a card....they all make me smile! Hope your week is off to a great start, Rosemary! :>

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

This is lovely, I love the cheery and bright colors! Thanks for sharing it with us at CCCB!

cnelson said...

so fabulous!! thank you for joining us at CCCB!

Nat said...

wonderful design, such great colours and pp's! He will love this!! :)

Latrice said...

Loved looking through all your goodies. We are HA partners. Email me when you can and we can figure out what plan of action we want to take.