"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

ODBDSLC124... Sing!!

Hello friends!!  It's Tuesday and that means time for a brand new Shining the Light challenge (ODBDSLC124).  This week the challenge team is asking you to make a project that uses music (stamps, designer paper, words from a hymn, etc.).  This challenge is also going to run for two weeks so you will have plenty of time to play along.  Sadly this is the last week our September guest designer, Katherine, will be with us so make sure you head to her blog and leave her some love!


My card this week is pretty clean and simple.  I decided to use some sheet music paper from the My Mind's Eye Lost & Found Christmas 6x6 pad and the ODBD stamp set Sing to the Lord.  I stamped the bird using a dark red ink and then die cut the image using a Spellbinders Labels 18 die.  The mat was created by taking the same die and tracing round the outside of the die on dark red cardstock and then trimming it out.  I cut the music paper into strips and arranged them as you see on dark red cardstock before mounting my image over the top.  Some Prima pearl flourishes were added to the piece to finish it off.  The verse was stamped on additional sheet music paper, die cut and adhered it inside the card. 

As always, we will be giving out a prize, a $15.00 gift certificate to be used toward stamps at the Our Daily Bread Designs store!!! Entries for the prize must be submitted by Sunday, October 7th at 8:00 pm EST. One random winner will be chosen and announced on Tuesday. While it is not required to use Our Daily Bread Design images and sentiments on your projects, we would definitely love to see them if you have them!! As a way of recognizing those who do use ODBD stamps we will be choosing three or more of our participants for the Shining the Light Award. In order to qualify for this award or join the challenge, you must use ODBD stamps and have your submission added to Mr. Linky by Sunday, October 7th at 8:00 pm EST. If you upload to Splitcoaststampers or any other online gallery, please use the keyword: ODBDSLC124. When creating your post on your blog, please include a direct link to the challenge.

Thanks for stopping by... please take some time to check out the beautiful projects created by my fellow "sticks" Lori, Jan Marie, Jan, Kathy, Chris, and this month's guest designer, Kathrine! To join in the fun, please click here

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI cream; SU! Cherry Cobbler; Ink:  Cherry Cobbler; Stamps:  ODBD Sing to the Lord; Dies:  Spellbinders; Flourishes:  Pearl Flourishes; PP:  My Mind's Eye

11 comments:

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Very pretty inside and out Rosemary. I love the red and white and the musical panels in your layout!! Have a great day!!
hugs,
Chris

Saints Rule! said...

First of all... I LOVE the red background. And I LOVE how you used the musical DP in strips to accent your main panel! And I LOVE the image you chose... ***sigh*** I just love it ALL! Have I ever told you just how much I love your CAS style? Delightful in everyway! Hugs and blessings my friend....

Lori

Jen W. said...

This is gorgeous! Love the layout of the sheet music and that bird image looks fabulous in that dark red!

Kathy said...

I just love your style, Rosemary! Your CAS cards are always so beautiful! I love the way you did the background with the strips and the monotone color! Beautiful! Blessings! Kathy

kathi17 said...

I love this card Rosi, the red, and the way you cut the sheet music and stamped the bird in red to match are just beautiful. The pearls add such a touch of elegance to this beautiful card.

Cards By Jan said...

Wow Rosemary...what a beauty...I love this bird!! why don't I have it!!...yup for sure now its on my list!! I love your creation, the colour are so pretty, and I love your strips of music woven amongst the pearls!!
Blessings & Hugs

Martha said...

OH, this is STRIKING, Rosemary! I love the music strips in the background, the darling bird, and the fabulous design. I love it!

Jan Marie said...

Striking! Love the background panels and the monochromatic tone!! Right on key with this one, Rosigrl!!

Greta said...

Beautiful, beautiful card, Rosemary! I love how you cut the music paper in strips--brilliant!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

FABULOUS

Michelle said...

Be still my heart....this card is so dreamy!!!