"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

ODBDSLC135.... Let It Snow!!

Hello friends!!  It Tuesday and that means time for a brand new Shining the Light challenge!!  With winter arriving in a few days and Christmas just around the corner the challenge this week is to use snow or snowflakes on your project.  This could include snowflake images, die cuts, paper, embossing folders, etc.   For my card I used two newly released ODBD stamps:  Small Snowflake Background and Away in a Manger.  


Because I knew I was going to use the Small Snowflake background stamp I decided right away that I wanted to use the emboss/resist technique on my card.  The Small Snowflake background stamp is perfect for emboss/resist.  In fact the other newly release ODBD background stamp Snowflake Background is also perfect for this technique as well.  The next step was to determine what colors I was going to use.  As I looked through my Ranger Distress Inks I finally settled on purple, but I'm not entirely sure why, lol!!  Anywhoo... I stamped the background on white cardstock using VersaMark watermark ink, applied the clear embossing powder and heat set.  Once that was done I applied Milled Lavendar and Dusty Concord Distress inks to the image and wiped off any excess ink.  The sentiment from Away in a Manger was stamped using Dusty Concord and then die cut using a Spellbinders fancy tag... not sure which one and some Milled Lavendar was applied to that as well.  I attached the sentiment to the card using some super yummy May Arts white crinkle ribbon.  The card was looking a bit plain so I added some rhinestones to the tag, as well as the rhinestone flourishes and the purple rose. 

As always, we will be giving out a prize, a $15.00 gift certificate to be used toward stamps at the Our Daily Bread Designs store!!! Entries for the prize must be submitted by Sunday, December 23rd at 8:00 pm EST. One random winner will be chosen and announced on Tuesday. While it is not required to use Our Daily Bread Design images and sentiments on your projects, we would definitely love to see them if you have them!! As a way of recognizing those who do use ODBD stamps we will be choosing three or more of our participants for the Shining the Light Award. In order to qualify for this award or join the challenge, you must use ODBD stamps and have your submission added to Mr. Linky by Sunday, December 23rd at 8:00 pm EST. If you upload to Splitcoaststampers or any other online gallery, please use the keyword: ODBDSLC135. When creating your post on your blog, please include a direct link to the challenge.

Thanks for stopping by... please take some time to check out the beautiful projects created by my fellow "sticks" Lori, Jan Marie, Jan, Kathy,and Chris. To join in the fun, please click here.

Supplies:  Cardstock:  white; Stamps:  ODBD; Inks:  Ranger Distress Inks, VersaMark Watermark ink; Dies:  Spellbinders tag dies; Rhinestones:  Stampin Up!; Rhinestone Flourishes:  Recollections; Ribbon:  May Arts; Rose:  Prima

11 comments:

Barb said...

Gorgeous shades of purple, Rosie! What a beautiful card - your bow is perfect!

Saints Rule! said...

Beautiful Rosemary! I love the soft lavender and rich bow... another lovely card! Hugs and blessings...

Lori

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Hey there Rosigirl.... I just sent you an important email...

Your card is gorgeous!! I just love the lavender hues and the snowflake background with all the rhinestones!! Absolutely stunning!!

I have enjoyed working with you!! Your CAS style is indeed an inspiration for me. We do still have one more challenge this month though so I am thankful I have one more week to view your gorgeous ODBD creations.

Have a blessed day!!
hugs,
Chris

Caroline said...

WOW this is gorgeous I love the design and the layout is beautiful. Caroline xxx

Cards By Jan said...

BEAUTIFUL Rosemary!! I love your layout with the beautiful bow & flower in the corner, the rhinestones add the perfect touch!!
Blessing & Hugs

Grace said...

Beautiful Rosemary! Love the colors and that bling really pops on the bg! Great take on the snowflakes challenge! Merry CHristmas!

Kathy said...

Beautiful, Rosemary! I love the purples for Christmas, so refreshing! The gorgeous bow and flower are a perfect touch! Blessings! Kathy

Elizabeth Allan said...

The snowflakes in soft purples are beautiful nestled aside the glittering gems. Merry Christmas Rosemary!

Greta said...

Oh my goodness--picking my jaw off the floor! LOVE the rose, gem flourishes, everything!

Kelley said...

Awesome card!! Love that soft lavender!! So pretty!

Michelle said...

Wow!! Stunning and elegant! Lovely shade of lavander!