"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Friday, July 27, 2018

altenew flowers...

Hello...stopping in with a couple of cards I made using Altenew floral stamp sets.  Altenew makes the most beautiful floral stamp set and I have managed to purchase a few sets to add to my collection.  First up is a card that I made using the Altenew Inspiration color challenge and probably my favorite Altenew stamp set:  Beautiful Day.  I decided to try some coloring on a light gray cardstock (SSS fog... my favorite light gray) with my Prisma color pencils.  I'm still working on my coloring skills, but I think my flower turned out pretty nice.  I stamped the flower with VersaFine CLAIR Twilight ink and colored the image with a light blue and then went in and added shadows with a medium blue.  For the leaves I stamped the outline image in the Twilight ink and then added a single layer of detail using Simon Says Stamp Fog ink.  One of the little flower clusters was stamped with the Twilight ink, as well, and then I added a touch of color with the same two blues used on the main flower.  The final image was stamped with the Fog ink and then color added to the image with the medium blue.  Before removing my flower from my stamping tool and after I had finished coloring it I restamped it with the Twilight ink.  Everything was die cut with the matching dies.  I arranged everything to figure out where to stamp the sentiment and then stamped it with VersaFine CLAIR Morning Mist.  All the pieces were removed and the panel was splattered with some black watercolor.  Once that was dry I adhered all the pieces and adhered the piece to a white cardstock base.  Love how this card turned out.  Going to add this to the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge of anything goes.


My second card is for Freshly Made Sketches and Color Throwdown.  I was so excited to see my card from last week (also created using Altenew stamps) chosen as the top pick at FMS... it is fun to be the "queen of clean"!  Thanks so much, Linda!   For this card I used the Altenew BAF Chrysanthemum stamp set.  I have had this set for ages and have been wanting to make something with it, but as with so many things in life I never found the time (so sad!).  To stamp the flower I used the Altenew Red Cosmos ink collection (I have the mini cubes).  Love, love, love how the flower turned out!  The leaves were stamped with the Altenew Field Greens ink collection (also minis).   To bring in the gray I die cut a square using a Reverse Confetti die from a light gray cardstock.  I stamped the sentiment using VersaFine CLAIR Nocturne ink and then arranged the flowers and leaves.  White cardstock was die cut and then the square/flower piece adhered.    I also love how this turned out... simple, but clean, crisp and classic!



Hope you have a wonderful day!

Supplies:  Cardstock:  MFT white, Stampin Up Smoky Slate, Simon Says Stamp Fog; Stamps:  Altenew; Dies:  Altenew, Reverse Confetti and A Jillian Vance Design; Inks:  VersaFine CLAIR and Altenew; Coloring Mediums:  Prisma Color pencils, Kuretake Gansai Tambi black

7 comments:

Greta said...

Wow--you are on a roll, Rosemary! The first soft, elegant card looks like perfect coloring to me--love it! The second one made my jaw drop! The flower is incredible & I could just sit here staring at that gorgeous card! I really should try to use my Altenew stamps which seem to intimidate me.

Lisa Elton said...

Two floral beauties! Love the subtle colors of the first one. My Beautiful Day set hasn't seen ink yet ~ gasp!! And the second is incredible, what a pretty bloom!!

Jen Mitchell said...

These are gorgeous! Altenew does have wonderful floral images but it takes a skilled stamper to bring them to life! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous cards Rosemary :-) both of them are absolutely stunning! LOVE LOVE LOVE ❤️

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Luv
Lols x x x

Anita in France said...

Beautiful, Rosemary ... one soft and dreamy, the other bold and vibrant ... each so perfect with their respective sentiments! Hugs, Anita :)

Viv said...

Wow what glorious floral creations here Rosie, love them both equally too ;) hugs Viv xx

Broni said...

Both of your cards are beautiful but the chrysanthemum is outstanding! Thanks so much for sharing with us at the Color Throwdown this week!