"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Monday, July 30, 2018

just breathe...

Hello!  Hope your week is off to a good start!  Mine is because I actually got to do some crafting today... yay!  I made a card for a design team commitment and then a whipped up a quick card for the current Time Out challenge that I will also be submitting to the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge of anything goes.   I have had a Stampin Up! set called Colorful Seasons for quite sometime now and have not gotten around to making anything with it... hmmm... I seem to say that a lot, lol!  Anyway, when I looked at the Time Out inspiration photo it made me think of that set and the dies that go along with it.  I pulled out both and then got stumped (it happens a lot, lol!).  So I grabbed my Stampin Up catalog and flipped to the page that the stamp set can be found on and there I saw a card that was made using the set... so I shamelessly copied it!  Well... not totally.   I pulled colors from the painting hanging on the wall in the photo, as well as from the wicker table that sits in front of the couch for my card and created a little beach scene.   The sand was created by using a piece of thin cork that I have had for ages.  Finished off the scene with a little iced drink and then sentiment.   Things are a little crooked in my scene, but honestly... a beach isn't exactly straight and level and when you put your chair in the sand it is going to lean to one side or the other, lol!


Hope you have a wonderful day!

Supplies:  Cardstock:  MFT white, SU! Coastal Cabana, PTI blue, gray; Stamps and dies:  Stampin Up!; Inks:  Stampin Up!; cork sheet

7 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

I want to be sitting in that chair!! This is wonderful Rosemary and very inviting!

sandie said...

I love hkw you describe all the steps it took to create thus amazing card. The things that happen to us when creating...but using the other card as a base was a good idea. This is the perfect scene with lovely detail and texture. So good to see you at Time Out, always love your cards x

Marge said...

Such a nice and neat design, Rosemary! I love "Just Breathe" which I really need this time of year. Have a relaxed day! Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.

Marge
×

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Beautiful beach scene, Rosemary! Just love the chair on the cork sand!!

Lisa Kind said...

So calm and relaxing! Love the cork as sand too! Thanks for playing along with Time Out!

Anita in France said...

I'd love to just breathe in that chair on the beach, Rosemary ... what a super scene ... calm, serene, dreamy! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Time Out! Hugs, Anita :)

Jill V said...

I love the combination of die cuts you used for this design - they are a perfect interpretation of our inspiration photo. I would have never noticed the slightly crooked chair if you hadn't mentioned it - but you are definitely right about them being crooked in the sand :) Thanks so much for playing along with us at Time Out! Jill