Hello everyone! I'm popping in to share two cards that I made with brand new Spellbinders Cut & Emboss folders. Spellbinders was kind enough to send me the Kyoto and Sedona folders. The folders are just like regular embossing folders except that they have tiny dies embedded in them. Both folders are large enough to emboss a 5x7 piece of cardstock, but you can also emboss a standard A2 size piece of cardstock. That is what I chose to do with both my cards. But before I get to my cards I wanted to let you know that Spellbinders is having a fun offer going on right now. You can get one of their pre-spring surprise bundles for $40. Each bundle is valued at over $145! Just click on the banner below to find out all the information. (Affiliate links used within the body of this blog post. These links allow me to earn a small commission when you uses those links. There is no cost to you for using the link. Thank you if you decide to use my links.)
Now for my cards! First up is the card that I made using the Kyoto folder. This folder has a beautiful fan design on it and cut out tiny fan shaped pieces. I used a piece of light pink cardstock that was A2 in size. After embossing the piece I trimmed it down to 4 x 5 1/4 inches. I used my Glimmer Hot Foil system to foil the sentiment in pink using a sentiment from the Glimmer Everyday Sentiments set and die cut it with a banner die. I then layered that with leafy stems that I had die cut from light pink and white cardstock with a die from the Spellbinders May 2019 card kit and a butterfly that I had previously foiled in pink. The embossed piece was adhered with foam tape and then all the elements were layered on using Nuvo Deluxe adhesive. Isn't that embossed background gorgeous?! I'm going to add this to the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge of anything goes.
For the second card I decided that because the name of the embossing folder is Sedona I wanted to create a background that made you think of a sunset (or sunrise) that you might see in Sedona Arizona. I used a combination of distress oxide inks in Ripe Persimmon, Candied Apple and Fossilized Amber. (This combo is one created by Kristina Werner and you can find it here.) After blending the background I placed the piece in the embossing folder and ran it through my machine. The little cut out for this one are diamonds. This one was trimmed down only a tiny bit and adhered with foam tape to a kraft cardstock base. I die cut the Spellbinders word die happy (it is from a small die kit of the month) from black cardstock three times, adhered together with Nuvo Deluxe adhesive and then adhered to card front. The sentiment is from a Spellbinders stamp set and was stamped in VersaFine CLAIR Nocturne on kraft cardstock, trimmed out and popped up with foam tape. This one is definitely more masculine in feel. I just love the ink blending with the embossed background on this one! ETA: I just found out that this is perfect for the Male Room challenge and so I will be posting it there.
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!