"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Thursday, May 7, 2020

cards to share...

Hello!  Hope you are having a good week.  I have a couple of card to share.  One card is for a challenge that I have played along with called Global Design Project.  When I find a new to me challenge I often bookmark them, but sometimes I don't ever go back to check out what their challenges might be.  The other day I was looking through my list of challenges and when I saw the current challenge at Global Design Project I immediately thought of a card that I had made using lots of Spellbinders products and shared on Instagram.  It was perfect for the challenge because it is a wedding card and that is the challenge at GDP!  I did some foiling with my Glimmer hot foil system, as well as lots and lots of die cutting.  I used the Spellbinders April small die kit to create the flowers.  There aren't any flower dies in the kit, but there are two dies that are used to create a bow.  I realized that if you layered them in a certain way you could create a flower!  The patterned paper used is from the Spellbinders March card kit called Feeling Hoppy.  I also used some pre-printed and die cut pieces from the ephemera pack from the Feeling Hoppy kit.  The April small die kit has some fun dies it is like a die to create a set of wedding rings.  I created them using gold foil cardstock and then some glitter cardstock for the diamond.  The card was finished off with the sentiment forever, also a die from the kit.   I have to be honest I'm not super happy with how this card turned out, sometimes that happens, right?


The second card is for the Color Throwdown challenge.  The colors this week are aqua, teal, gray and gold.  I decided to do some simple Copic color and used the pretty floral image from the Simon Says Stamp Stronger Together stamp set.  I stamped the image in Tuxedo Black and then colored it in the aqua (I went more blue) and teal colors.  I left the cardstock in my stamping tool and the stamp, as well so that once I was done I could ink up the stamp with watermark ink, stamp over the image and heat emboss with gold embossing powder from WOW! Embossing.  This is a little trick I learned from Yana Smakula.   I die cut it with a small rectangle die and then adhered it to the center of medium gray cardstock.  I then stamped one of the sentiments from the Stronger Together set on white cardstock with watermark ink and heat embossed with the same gold embossing powder.  I trimmed out the sentiment and adhered it to my card front.  Super simple, but I really like the gold embossing with the aqua and teal colors.  


Thanks for stopping by and have a lovely day!

8 comments:

Greta said...

WOW--2 stunners, Rosemary! I absolutely adore the second card! Gorgeous coloring & perfect use of the color combo!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A Beautiful Wedding card Rosemary, such pretty details. Your teal card is "simply" Beautiful.
Keep safe and well
Faith x

Kathy said...

Both cards are really nice for this season with their clear bright colors! Cool use of the bow dies to make flowers! The teal and gold one is gorgeous.

Lisa Elton said...

Your wedding card is beautifully done and just gorgeous! And your second card is a lovely as it is feminine!

Anita in France said...

What a dreamy, romantic layered wedding card, Rosemary ... it's just lovely ... and your teal blooms with the gold are stunning ... gorgeous colouring, so eyecatching! Hugs, Anita :)

TK said...

I think your wedding card is perfect! Love the bows/flowers, the colors are calming and that diamond sparkle :o) Second, your other is beautiful! Lovely colors, and I happen to love the gold embossing with colors!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Two beauties, Rosemary! Especially love the frame with the flowers on card one and the teals on card two!! Hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day!!

Claire said...

Two beautiful cards - your use of the colours in Colour Throwdown are just stunning!